News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 678     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 938     0 

miWay Transit

Did anyone go to the Hurontario Main Street Study Workshop last night at the Central Library? I totally forgot about it!

Here some thinking. All red dots are existing stops that will be remove for the blue ones. 500' radius is being use. I try using a box for 500 on either side of a stop and in some cases it over laps another, but in a few places, the stops are more than 1km apart.

About 25 stops in Mississauga alone. Walking will be over 1km for a lot of areas.
3005399459_048a3771fd_b.jpg

Last edited:
No stops at Paisley and Burnhamthorpe. Why stops at 401 and 407? Between County Court and Bristols there should only be 4 stops: Matheson, Britannia, Courtneypark and Derry. Perhaps a stop at 407 will be needed if there is a transitway, but otherwise it is pointless. The industrial part of the corridor will never be dense.

The stops between Lakeshore and QEW should be removed too because there are too many NIMBYs there to allow for intensification.

I count the following 20 stops on your map:

-Lakeshore Rd
-Port Credit GO
-Mineola Rd
-Pinetree Way (QEW)
-Harborn
-Queensway
-Dundas
-Cooksville GO
-Elm St
-NOT Burnhamthorpe???
-Square One Dr
-Kingsbridge Garden Circle
-Eglinton Ave
-Bristol
-Matheson
-Britannia
-World Dr
-Courtneypark
-Derry Rd

I'm curious why it wouldn't be serving Burnhamthorpe. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

No stops at Paisley and Burnhamthorpe. Why stops at 401 and 407? Between County Court and Bristols there should only be 4 stops: Matheson, Britannia, Courtneypark and Derry. Perhaps a stop at 407 will be needed if there is a transitway, but otherwise it is pointless. The industrial part of the corridor will never be dense.

The stops between Lakeshore and QEW should be removed too because there are too many NIMBYs there to allow for intensification.

I agree with you on the 401 and 407 stops being pointless, doady, but having no stops between Lakeshore and the QEW is the dumbest idea I ever heard. This isn't a subway. Might as well get rid of the stops at Elm and Kingsbridge! Seriously. Maybe eliminate Harborn OR Pinetree, but not both. And Mineola should definitely stay put, there's a frakking high school on that corner for God's sake! And the Port Credit GO stop should definitely stay as well.

407 is for the 407 line.

401 is Britannia.

The point I making using the 500m Radius is, you are missing higher transfer nobs. Also, riders will now have to walk 1km or more to get to a stop. If I was force to walk to Central Parkway, it becomes a 13 minute walk compare to the 9 minute walk to Elm.

When you look at Brunhamthorpe, the line will use Hurontario to get to Sq One unless 26 stays as a grid route. Also, it would be too close to Sq One stop.

Coming home from tonight meeting, the two groups call for almost the same place of stops for the section from 407 to 403.

Paisley has more riders than Queensway as well connects to Route 4 going east.

People were calling for less stop as well express service. Express service to Brampton is the weakest link even to Brampton GO. Going north, ridership would increase from GO.

Ridership falls off south Paisley. There is nothing in this section that will see any density development to increase ridership over the next 25 years unless the NIMBY's move out. Ridership falls off going north of Bristol. Outside of peak time, ridership is low for business and even to Brampton. This area can see more riders if taller buildings are built as well other use to enhance the area.

I went up on a 202N to Matheson tonight. 12 on the bus at Elm and 2 got on. 3 got on at Burnhamthrope, 3 got on at Robert Speck, 6 at Eglinton with 2 getting off, 6 on at Matheson with 2 off. Now, does this sound like stops that will support a true Rapid Transit Line??

Eglinton will support a stop since this area is zone for higher density as well a better e-w line.

As it stands, Steeles, Brampton GO and Nanwood Dr would only qualify as stops in Brampton under the current EA. North of Queen is not part of this EA. This is what was put forth by the residents of Brampton.

One call for the line to follow the creek to the old hospital site that would become a new terminal for GO and BT.

If you want a true Rapid Line, PC, Dundas, Sq One, Brampton would be the stops. Then, what happens to the riders at the other stops??

I count the following 20 stops on your map:

-Lakeshore Rd
-Port Credit GO
-Mineola Rd
-Pinetree Way (QEW)
-Harborn
-Queensway
-Dundas
-Cooksville GO
-Elm St
-NOT Burnhamthorpe???
-Square One Dr
-Kingsbridge Garden Circle
-Eglinton Ave
-Bristol
-Matheson
-Britannia
-World Dr
-Courtneypark
-Derry Rd

I'm curious why it wouldn't be serving Burnhamthorpe. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Close to 2/3 of the existing stops would be remove. I agree with some of them, but not many.

Not many transfers between the 2 lines and that has always surprised me from the day I started doing data collection.

Close to 2/3 of the existing stops would be remove. I agree with some of them, but not many.

Not many transfers between the 2 lines and that has always surprised me from the day I started doing data collection.

Between Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe? Maybe people are either going North/South or East/West, but not both?

I think most people transfer at the transit terminal.

Speaking of transit terminal, if there will be a secondary one at Rathburn/Hurontario, shouldn't the Hurontario LRT also have a stop at Rathburn to connect to it, and the BRT as well?

There definitely should be a stop at Burnhamthorpe. How ridiculous.
I hate the way MT operates it's service. It's all based on the terminal at Square One. There needs to be less terminals and more grid service.

The intersection of Hurontario/Burnhamthorpe is going to be much busier when all of the Absolute buildings are complete.
Not to mention the proposed future developments that are supposed to happen at the north-west corner!

There definitely should be a stop at Burnhamthorpe. How ridiculous.
I hate the way MT operates it's service. It's all based on the terminal at Square One.

Oh really? Is that why the 35/35A, 89, 109, and 202 all bypass Square One?

It seems to me that the only route that serves Sq One that shouldn't be is the 26. Burnhamthorpe should probably have a second route bypassing the terminal, similar to the way the 7/34/35/35A/89 is set up on Eglinton.

Remember the terminal is a important connection to GO buses, and to the future Transitway. And if MCC is to be the 'downtown' of Mississauga then a pure grid-like system is not going to work.

It seems to me that the only route that serves Sq One that shouldn't be is the 26. Burnhamthorpe should probably have a second route bypassing the terminal, similar to the way the 7/34/35/35A/89 is set up on Eglinton.

That seems to be the plan with the new bus shelters on Burnhamthorpe between Duke of York and Kariya. Hopefully we'll see their out of service signs come down soon.

There's new bus shelters where on Burnhamthorpe where the 26 doesn't go? Iiiiiinteresting.

I don't think the bus shelters are new, are they? I think they are leftovers of the old 26 routing, where both service easy and west of the bus terminal used Duke of York.

The terminal never should have been put where it is. It was a bad location if you ask me.
I think on the south side of Square One would have been better, closer to where it used to be.

There's new bus shelters where on Burnhamthorpe where the 26 doesn't go? Iiiiiinteresting.

That bus stop shelter was put in before the 26 got rerouted off Duke of York going eastbound as well westbound to the current routing.

Both were the test spot for the new shelters, pole and garbage can for what is in the city now.

Leaving 26 on Burhamthorpe is a challenge for riders connecting to other route operating out Sq One. For riders going shopping at Sq One is a block walk and no big deal, but not a friendly one at that.

With the plan for a terminal over at Confederation or Hurontario, riders will have to do 1 or 2 extra transfers. Since Hurontario has the best service now, that would be the better location.

Back