Toronto Jade Waterfront | 138.37m | 41s | Phantom | BDP Quadrangle

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
The former 'Shore Breeze Motel' has been acquired by Chestnut Hill Homes and rezoning+OPA applications have been submitted recently for a 34s residential + 3s commercial proposal ...

yup, another motel down, several more to go ~ :)

According to the September edition of City's Development Applications Listing: "The proposal is a mixed residential-commercial public park development, including a building with a 3-storey high commercial element and a 34-storey residential tower connected via a 2-storey podium. South of residential tower will be a new landscaped park"

City Planning Preliminary Staff Report is expected in November 2008.

Location Context: (Mr. Christies on the left, Gardiner Expressway on the top-left, Monarch's Waterview on the top-right by Brookers Lane, Conservatory's Waterways @ 2143-2147 Lake Shore, Greywood's proposal @ 2157 Lake Shore)

HBScontext.jpg

City Planning - Preliminary Staff Report

Report to be considered by Etobicoke Community Council on November 18 2008

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-16909.pdf

Proposal for 34 storeys tower with 289 residential units and 5 levels of underground parking ... this is one narrow site with a thin sliver of a building :eek:

And the WAVE continues ... looks kinda Clew-ish to me :D

2175Lakeshore_east.jpg
2175Lakeshore_south.jpg
2175Lakeshore_siteplan.jpg

Duck, cover and roll.... welcome to the earthquake zone.

Kind of a fun and wonky spin... a low budget version of Absolut Marilyn that creates some visual nonsense by using different balcony depths on a rectangular slab.

Why not? A little bit Clewe-less but fun.

Last edited:
I like it. I don't normally go for what Shocker calls 'easy sell curves,' but I think this one handles them nicely. It will be a good addition to an area which has seen much mediocrity in the recent past.

Not bad! but wonder if it has any chance of getting built?

I like the building, but I don't like the roof. I think it should just be as flat as possible on the roof, with no extra bulk.

I like the building, but I don't like the roof. I think it should just be as flat as possible on the roof, with no extra bulk.

This is the neighbourhood of bizarre roofs. Flat roofs are, apparently, unwelcome. But I agree, the inverted slope is out of place.

Not bad! but wonder if it has any chance of getting built?

Even in todays shaky market this is a great investment area,close to the lake with great views. There will difinetly be many people scooping them up,lets just hope the developers have the backing and money to build them.

2175 Lake Shore

Proposal..." Parts 1-3 are in the ownership of South Beach (Lakeshore) Developments and Part 4 is owned by the TRCA, granting subsurface rights of Part 4 to South Beach."

Does this imply as I read it that the parkland ( open space will remain subject to an underground parking garage of How many levels How many parkings spots?

Will the TRCA lands be used for public parking or is this converting an asset to condo ownership where parking spaces will be sold??

The conclusion that is possible, IMHO, are a number of garage access BUNKERS that service the buildings off of Marine Parade Dr.

2175 Lake Shore Boulevard West

From Etobicoke Community Council:

The application proposes a three-storey commercial building fronting onto Lake Shore Boulevard West, and a 34-storey residential tower connected via a 2-storey podium (Parts 1-3). South of the residential tower, and abutting Marine Parade Drive is a proposed public park, with an approximate area of 1 652 square metres (Part 4), and is to be created by the applicant. The commercial building proposes a gross floor area of 747.2 square metres and the residential tower proposes a gross floor area of 24 150.1 square metres, and a height of 107 metres (112 metres to mechanical penthouse). A total of 289 residential units are proposed with residential-commercial-visitor parking contained in a 5-level underground structure extending under the entire site.

Preliminary Report:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-16909.pdf

edit: It appears I'm well behind in posting this....

Last edited:

Back