News   May 10, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

So much for sunny ways:

Secret RCMP report warns Canadians may revolt once they realize how broke they are​

Right from the get-go, the report authors warn that whatever Canada’s current situation, it 'will probably deteriorate further in the next five years'
A secret RCMP report is warning the federal government that Canada may descend into civil unrest once citizens realize the hopelessness of their economic situation.

“The coming period of recession will … accelerate the decline in living standards that the younger generations have already witnessed compared to earlier generations,” reads the report, entitled Whole-of-Government Five-Year Trends for Canada.
“For example, many Canadians under 35 are unlikely ever to be able to buy a place to live,” it adds.

The report, labelled secret, is intended as a piece of “special operational information” to be distributed only within the RCMP and among “decision-makers” in the federal government.

A heavily redacted version was made public as a result of an access to information request filed by Matt Malone, an assistant professor of law at British Columbia’s Thompson Rivers University, and an expert in government secrecy.

So much for sunny ways:
Canada was built as a more compassionate version of America. There’s riches to be found down south, but they won’t support you like we did.

Now, we get all the benefits of American social systems with none of the advantages. We sold the next generation’s future for the increased value of a retirement asset class.

People with nothing to lose will be less hesitant about supporting extremists and being extremists.

RIP the Canadian social contract. You will soon be sorely missed.

Last edited:
Canada was built as a more compassionate version of America. There’s riches to be found down south, but they won’t support you like we did.

Now, we get all the benefits of American social systems with none of the advantages. We sold the next generation’s future for the increased value of a retirement asset class.

People with nothing to lose will be less hesitant about supporting extremists and being extremists.

RIP the Canadian social contract. You will soon be sorely missed.

This remains fixable, albeit not without some pain.

Too many were too lax in allowing things to get this far; that must change forthwith.

This remains fixable, albeit not without some pain.

Too many were too lax in allowing things to get this far; that must change forthwith.
To even start addressing a problem, you first have to admit you have one.

This government couldn't admit housing was a problem till Poilievre started it making it an issue. They refuse to talk about issues with immigration and pretend all the problems with strip mall schools are entirely on the provinces. They have started making cuts. But they missed the 2023-2024 school year. So the effect of the cuts they make won't be apparent till 2025 or even 2026.

I don't even think the problem is Trudeau. I think the LPC is fundamentally broken and out of touch with Canadians. They remind me of the CPC during their majority.

I feel really sad that we didn't elect O'Toole in 2021. We would have avoided a lot of this mess. Now we'll get the angry campus conservative and a decade or more of austerity from the ideological backlash against this Liberal Party.

To even start addressing a problem, you first have to admit you have one.

This government couldn't admit housing was a problem till Poilievre started it making it an issue. They refuse to talk about issues with immigration and pretend all the problems with strip mall schools are entirely on the provinces. They have started making cuts. But they missed the 2023-2024 school year. So the effect of the cuts they make won't be apparent till 2025 or even 2026.

I don't even think the problem is Trudeau. I think the LPC is fundamentally broken and out of touch with Canadians. They remind me of the CPC during their majority.

I feel really sad that we didn't elect O'Toole in 2021. We would have avoided a lot of this mess. Now we'll get the angry campus conservative and a decade or more of austerity from the ideological backlash against this Liberal Party.

Get a load of this:

I can't even wrap my head around this as an announcement.

Why would you announce that over 3 years you're going to reduce the problem you caused by about ~20%, when 50% would be the starting point of anything people would be able to feel/benefit from?

This isn't just a sinking ship of a gov't. Its one that's bailing water in to the sinking ship!

Polls show ‘across-the-board, generalized retreat’ from Liberals, says Coletto​

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will ‘either walk up to the edge of the next election and run, or he'll walk up to the edge of the next election and decide to retire,' so until that time Liberals should focus on how to ‘get more competitive with the current prime minister,’ says former Martin-era Liberal PMO staffer Scott Reid.​

https://www.hilltimes.com/story/202...o-resuscitate-partys-fortunes-coletto/415100/

It is expected given the economy and interest rates. A lot of countries are having the same problems.

Canadian voters vote in Canada. What is happening elsewhere is broadly irrelevant to the voter here. But if we're going to start comparing, Canadians are mostly going to look at the US, where unemployment and cost of living are lower. I'm not sure that is a comparison Trudeau and the Liberals would want.

I disagree with you. Unemployment rate is calculated differently in the US vs Canada. Also, the US has 30 year fixed mortgages vs Canada's five year rate. Housing costs at much worse in California, and New York then Canada, even Florida is getting bad.. And is likely to get worse with the border crisis with Mexico.

The main difference between Canada and the US right now is the inflation reductions act. That is turbo charging the US economy, even in the era of high interest rates.

The economy in Canada is bad, people are lining up for miles for job openings. Interest rates hikes have more of an impact in Canada then the US.

I disagree with you.

You can disagree with me all you want. That's not going to change the perception of the median voter.

Unemployment rate is calculated differently in the US vs Canada.

Irrelevant. Wages are also going up in the US. That's not really the case in Canada.

Also, the US has 30 year fixed mortgages vs Canada's five year rate.

That's an advantage of a large market. You can get a 10 yr mortgage if you want in Canada. Rates aren't usually favourable. That's the difference.

Housing costs at much worse in California, and New York then Canada, even Florida is getting bad..

A smaller portion of the American population stays in California and New York than the proportion of Canadians who live in Southern Ontario and the Lower Mainland.

And is likely to get worse with the border crisis with Mexico.

Fox News tell you that?

And if you're concerned about the flood from Mexico, you should be able to understand why there is growing concern about the flood of immigrants in Canada.

The main difference between Canada and the US right now is the inflation reductions act. That is turbo charging the US economy, even in the era of high interest rates.

There was nothing stopping the Liberals from implementing similar industrial policy. Their choice to focus on everything else but the economy.

Rents, interest rates could ease with temporary resident targets: BMO economist​

Miller said as of 2023, Canada was home to 2.5 million temporary residents, who make up 6.2 per cent of Canada’s entire population. Over the next three years, the government plans to bring that percentage down to five per cent.

Kavcic said this would bring Canada’s population growth down significantly.

“If these targets are met, while net births and permanent resident inflows continue as planned, we judge that Canadian population growth could grind down closer to 1 per cent in the coming years from north of 3 per cent today.”

He said this could lead to “less pressure on rents and housing, less stress and inflation in services, and lower interest rates than we otherwise would see if these inflows were to continue.”

A target that they will achieve in 2027 is not going to help them with an election in 2025 (or earlier).

Back