News   May 10, 2024
 979     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1K     0 

TTC: Easier Access Phase III

Just a bit over a month since @christiesplits updated us on the work at Donlands Station.

I have 2 evening pics from just a couple of hours back:

DSC02961.jpg

DSC02962.jpg

A worker was just packing up for the day, and I managed to ask him what the timeline was............ I was told April/May ' 24 is the current target for completion.

Did they run out of money to install the "S" in Donlands?

Nah, done by the same people who did these:

View attachment 531910

It'll be fixed as soon as the media story hits, and the change order is issued.

;)

Although, I wonder if this is an opportunity rename the station, considering the growing West and East Don Lands hoods could confuse people. We've all heard stories about confused tourists travelling to Royal York Station!

Spitting out some ideas: Wilkinson Station, Jack Layton Station, Square Boy Station...

Although, I wonder if this is an opportunity rename the station, considering the growing West and East Don Lands hoods could confuse people. We've all heard stories about confused tourists travelling to Royal York Station!

Spitting out some ideas: Wilkinson Station, Jack Layton Station, Square Boy Station...

No No No...

Station McStationface.

Why not 'Was almost Leslie' Station. LOL

Donlands was once envisioned to be connected to Leslie st to the south and to the north:

1704730817317.png

I was in Donlands Station the other day, and note the following.

1) They appear to be at 95% completion, as they should be a for Q2 target of opening the new exit and the elevators.

2) The escalator is working again to the bus terminal is working again,.

3) As can be seen in the pic above by @dowlingm the new tile has gone in on the walls; (not comprehensive, just where restoration was required)

4) New Ceiling and lighting has begun installation at the bus terminal level.

Photos: (taken May 8th, 2024)

Wall finishes: - look the same as those at Pape to me. Generic and low quality, matte finish by the looks of it. I mean Donlands by default has drab grey tile, but this is not a big step up.

DSC03700.jpg

Ceiling and lighting is the new standard, grey, bland, unattractive w/box lights:

DSC03699.jpg

For what was spent on this project, achieving a slightly better finished appearance would have been a 1% cost difference. Grumble.

Using modern versions of the original tile worked very well at Woodbine second exit. I don't know why they are reluctant to do it elsewhere, except for repairs.

You have to look really carefully at Woodbine to see where the new tiles are (there's a slightly different sheen). Far better than the wrong shade of tile they used for patching at Woodbine a couple of decades ago.

I was in Donlands Station the other day, and note the following.

1) They appear to be at 95% completion, as they should be a for Q2 target of opening the new exit and the elevators.

2) The escalator is working again to the bus terminal is working again,.

3) As can be seen in the pic above by @dowlingm the new tile has gone in on the walls; (not comprehensive, just where restoration was required)

4) New Ceiling and lighting has begun installation at the bus terminal level.

Photos: (taken May 8th, 2024)

Wall finishes: - look the same as those at Pape to me. Generic and low quality, matte finish by the looks of it. I mean Donlands by default has drab grey tile, but this is not a big step up.

View attachment 562808

Ceiling and lighting is the new standard, grey, bland, unattractive w/box lights:

View attachment 562807

For what was spent on this project, achieving a slightly better finished appearance would have been a 1% cost difference. Grumble.
I'm in this station almost daily. The escalator has been working for several months. Agreed on the large indoor tiles... Light grey is so on brand for Toronto

Back