Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Palm trees, even if they can survive our brass monkey temperatures, will not make our winter climates feel any warmer. Just saying. >.<

One thing I miss about '80s and '90s malls is all the plants, they used to be so verdant. As noted this environment wouldn't be well suited for tropicals, but plants with four season interest would've certainly spruced things up. Don't get me wrong, this space is one of the better recent ones and it's still early days, but it is a bit stark despite the higher quality architecture.

I still shake my head over how for decades everyone was just like “noooo, put people FAR from things so they’ll need a car” then lost to the convenience of the internet and are only now having realizations.

I still shake my head over how for decades everyone was just like “noooo, put people FAR from things so they’ll need a car” then lost to the convenience of the internet and are only now having realizations.

I think that one person being interviewed hit the nail on the head. I hate shopping online because it's a crapshoot whether you get what you were hoping for. Most people go "eh" and just keep the items instead of returning them.

I like to feel and see what I'm buying much of the time. I think online shopping is here to stay, and will grow, but I think the massive failure of in person shopping is largely the result of big box stores being shit to shop at. The experience is dismal and sad and everything sold is crap. No wonder people want to buy that garbage online.

One thing I miss about '80s and '90s malls is all the plants, they used to be so verdant. As noted this environment wouldn't be well suited for tropicals, but plants with four season interest would've certainly spruced things up. Don't get me wrong, this space is one of the better recent ones and it's still early days, but it is a bit stark despite the higher quality architecture.
I could swear Sherway had a couple of palm trees inside when I was a kid...

Yes, we need to bring this back! More freely available greenery in February would help with our collective mental health I think.

can you bring dogs into the well?
From the well toronto official site
1703346533489.png

Back