Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

View attachment 454659
Yes, at Mirvish - the Housing Lottery units are in that $2 - $3 "dollars per square foot" rents.

The STUDIO units are around ~$3 per sq. ft.

The 1, 2 & 3 Bedroom units are closer to ~$2 per sq. ft.

That is because the "fixed costs" per unit (eg. Kitchen, Bathroom, per unit fees, etc) are pretty much the same between the Studios and the 1-Bedrooms, the extra square footage are a marginal extra cost when you compare unit-to-unit.
Oh sorry, I mean't to ask where/how the non-affordable units (lol, that sounds funny) will be priced.

096A7B2F-171F-4534-B0C4-849E5604691B.jpeg
CB1E45A4-8A7B-40CE-864B-581783DC1713.jpeg
3622C956-CF16-4BD6-9182-B160F82A243E.jpeg
F05CBDD5-2446-44B2-BB50-AF69C2F37DF5.jpeg
EE458932-916E-4932-983B-8B55B0687592.jpeg
547C4D90-7A02-4712-9994-BFE8578FD8A6.jpeg

Westbank has been installing ventless dryers in their projects, so if you're wondering because there are no dryer vents, that's probably why.
Likely still be kitchen and bathroom vents.

Ventless dryers are heat-pump dryers, that recycle the heat but condense the humidity to water which combines with the washer water down the drain.

Westbank has been installing ventless dryers in their projects, so if you're wondering because there are no dryer vents, that's probably why.

Ventless dryers are heat-pump dryers, that recycle the heat but condense the humidity to water which combines with the washer water down the drain.

And for those wondering, combined washer / dryers can be great.

They have a bad reputation because developers tend to cheap out on the appliances, but we have an LG model that is fantastic. It takes longer to do a load, but they are extremely energy efficient, there's no need to switch over laundry from the washer to dryer, they take up less space, and the capacity of the tub is massive.

I love being able to put in a load of towels in the morning, leave the house, and come home to them completely clean and dry.

Good and informative answer.

Hopefully some of the buildings will have a laundromat in them on the lobby level

Yeah, that sort of puzzled me, because I looked at the facade trying to see any vents and I couldn't find them.
There are some small slits that could be vents.
I suppose bathroom and kitchen vents don't need to be as large as dryer vents, since dryer vents have to account for lint.

Back