Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

while i was watching the games this weekend, i realized that they completely renovated Dunedin just a couple years ago and part of it was to match the exact field dimensions of the Skydome.....ooops.

Maybe if you actually were paying attention to watching the games at TD Ballpark you would notice that the outfield dimensions don’t even match the Rogers Centre at all. Good eye!

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3223f8bd-4676-4edf-8b7f-034a69a24893_2608x1308.png

Maybe if you actually were paying attention to watching the games at TD Ballpark you would notice that the outfield dimensions don’t even match the Rogers Centre at all. Good eye!

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3223f8bd-4676-4edf-8b7f-034a69a24893_2608x1308.png
well i suppose i never stared at the numbers in the outfields and did a direct comparison.

i thought i read that somewhere though back when they renovated it a couple years ago to match the dome.

i like to think i do pay attention to the games, i suppose because i didn't look at the distance in Right-Centre i must have been snoozing. shame on me.

well i suppose i never stared at the numbers in the outfields and did a direct comparison.

i thought i read that somewhere though back when they renovated it a couple years ago to match the dome.

i like to think i do pay attention to the games, i suppose because i didn't look at the distance in Right-Centre i must have been snoozing. shame on me.

You are correct, they did say that when they renovated TD Ballpark they matched the Skydome (yes Skydome) dimensions. Like you, I tend to watch the players and not stare at the outfield wall dimensions when the game is on so I never noticed they are different. I'm not sure what happened but they definitely said they were going to match the Skydome dimensions.

Well clearly the dimensions don't even match the old dimensions of Rogers Centre (Skydome). My recollection was that they had installed the same artificial turf at the stadium so that players would be accustomed to the turf when coming to Toronto. However I see that TD ballpark is natural grass so who knows.

Well clearly the dimensions don't even match the old dimensions of Rogers Centre (Skydome). My recollection was that they had installed the same artificial turf at the stadium so that players would be accustomed to the turf when coming to Toronto. However I see that TD ballpark is natural grass so who knows.

There was absolutely something mentioned or written about them matching the dimensions.

Field dimensions and wall heights exactly matching those at Rogers Centre…The details are contained within an agreement on the construction and renovation of spring training facilities approved during a city commission meeting last Thursday, a pivotal step in completing a complicated $81-million deal

i'm a bit surprised they bothered to keep the seating up in that upper 500 level section behind the lights and to the right of them on the first base outfield area. There are those 2 sections that are go all the way up. i don't know what they'd replace them with but it's very rare when those seats actually get used. (home opener, Canada Day, Playoffs)

i'm a bit surprised they bothered to keep the seating up in that upper 500 level section behind the lights and to the right of them on the first base outfield area. There are those 2 sections that are go all the way up. i don't know what they'd replace them with but it's very rare when those seats actually get used. (home opener, Canada Day, Playoffs)

They could potentially put another bar/social space up there but realistically, if you've ever sat up there, which I did once in late 2015 in the midst of their playoff run, it's akin to climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Add in the logistics of drunk people going up and down to access the space, it's probably not worth the added expense and was easier to just leave the seats as they were.

Back