Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

I played around with that image a bit, and tried to make it look like the roof was transparent.

wuIREJP.jpg

Obviously, a hasty photoshop, but it really would brighten up the stadium.

Brightening up the stadium at the expense of fielders losing the ball in the lights when the roof is closed? Not worth it. Barring routine maintenance and the occasional new paint job, the inside of the roof should be left alone.

I guess now we can call it the Red Light District instead of the entertainment district?
I used to live across from Tip Top Tailor and had the lovely red glow of their sign in my windows. It important to invest in good window coverings when you live near something like this.

Last edited:
I used to live across from Tip Top Tailor and has the lovely red glow of their sign in my windows. It important to invest in good window coverings when you live near something like this.

I used to work across from Tip Top Lofts in 2013 at 90 Stadium Road (Quay West).

Small world.

There's a media tour going on today so I expect there will be a lot more images and video later today but...
(They're getting pasted live so someone can just go check out Twitter but here's a few to start).

EDITING to add this video the Jays just posted:
1673975077355.png
1673975095275.png
1673975130029.png

Last edited:
Why don’t I remember the seats looking like this. I guess I haven’t been to Rogers centre since before covid.

Why don’t I remember the seats looking like this. I guess I haven’t been to Rogers centre since before covid.

They have updated all the seats over the years, except the 500 level seats. Those literally date to 1989 and still have the SkyDome logo on them (at least the ones on the end of the row).

I assume they'll auction them off or something.

Exciting stuff. And, worth keeping in mind, this is just one half of the renovation. The 100 level will be torn out and redone after the 23 season.

Exciting stuff. And, worth keeping in mind, this is just one half of the renovation. The 100 level will be torn out and redone after the 23 season.
No matter what it will be a soulless concrete bunker with no atmosphere that players will prefer to play in Cleveland than.

They have updated all the seats over the years, except the 500 level seats. Those literally date to 1989 and still have the SkyDome logo on them (at least the ones on the end of the row).

I assume they'll auction them off or something.
A cover with the Rogers Centre logo was put over the SkyDome logo when the name was changed. I am glad to see many have fallen/been taken off revealing the old logo.

Back