News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 635     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

Actually, the reporter contacted Metrolinx for comment and they don't seem to agree with your reasoning. They don't seem to disagree with it either, though :)
The article doesn't read that way at all. The only thing that the author indicated was that contacts with Metrolinx "...were unable to confirm or deny the suspicion..." which doesn't agree with anything at all, really.

Dan

From link.

1676043925746.png

Most of the stations have a checkmark (✅), except for Avenue and Eglinton Stations.

Saying Cedarvale is clear is a bit of a stretch
As early as Monday, February 13, 2023, for approximately three (3) weeks, so until early March...

From link.

screenshot_2023-02-03_133823-_1.png

What Work is Taking Place?
As early as Monday, February 13, 2023, crews at Cedarvale Station will begin performing traffic signal and street pole installations on Eglinton Avenue West between Winnett Avenue and Flanders Road. To facilitate this work safely, eastbound and westbound traffic on Eglinton Avenue East will be periodically reduced to one through lane between Winnett Avenue and Flanders Road. This work is expected to take place on Monday – Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., for approximately three (3) weeks.​
What to Expect
Concrete barriers, fencing, and signage will be in place to delineate the work zones. Noise from construction activities can be expected. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times. Expect delays while traveling through the area.​
HOURS OF WORK
  • As early as Monday, February 13, 2023, for approximately three (3) weeks.
  • Work is expected to take place on Monday to Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
  • Work may be rescheduled due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.
  • This work may be longer or shorter than expected.
TRAFFIC DETAILS
  • Eastbound and westbound traffic on Eglinton Avenue East will be periodically reduced to one through lane between Winnett Avenue and Flanders Road.
  • Access to Park Hill Road and Everden Road from Eglinton Avenue West will remain restricted.
PEDESTRIAN DETAILS
  • The sidewalk on the north side of Eglinton Avenue West will remain closed between the TTC entrance and Flanders Road.

I drove the line a few weeks back from end to end.. The roads were definitely clearing up. Ironically the road was in such poor condition between the stations on the west side, I would rather have taken the Crosstown, lol. Optimistically, if the big problem(s) are in the past, I see a late fall opening, maybe! Like many have said, the article suggests surface conditions reflect overall progress which I for one am not particularly sold on. I do think there are some stations that are probably finished underneath, but not all.

Stopped off at Mount Dennis and Caledonia station today. Drove by Keelesdale and looks like some construction trailers are gone now and still needs clean up.

Need to read Go Construction thread for parts that I saw for Mount Dennis.

Crews were working on the LRT station Eglinton entrance that still not finished as well inside. Big T logo in the top left corner for that entrance. 5 panel areas still needs fencing panels installed with one next to the station and 4 other areas as single panel. those 4 panels opening have a frame at the top which is odd since none of the others already installed have it. The top frame could be for holding the panel in place while being installed. Most of the elevated section is still missing fencing with the area over Black Creek been installed. That framing is about 18-24 inches tall. There is an gap between the elevated installed section to the tall fencing still to be done.

See no reason why the north sidewalk cannot be reopen now.

Caledonia
Not much has change since I last saw it other than more flashing has gone up for the bus overhang area, with a lot more to be done. The new locations for traffic light have them in place and cover up. They will not go into service until the road is repaved as the existing crosswalks will be relocated to match the new style for them as well moving the eastbound stopping location about 200' to the west to match TTC bus exit. This will mean traffic can't make a right turn on a read like they do today.

One hopes the city decides to to repaved Eglinton between the RR bridge and Keele in one shot than to a piece and there thing, but the Caledonia area has to happen first regardless of the rest.

Thought about taking a drive further east to where I was going next, but did the Black Creek route and never made it out to the east end as plan.

I drove the line a few weeks back from end to end.. The roads were definitely clearing up. Ironically the road was in such poor condition between the stations on the west side, I would rather have taken the Crosstown, lol. Optimistically, if the big problem(s) are in the past, I see a late fall opening, maybe! Like many have said, the article suggests surface conditions reflect overall progress which I for one am not particularly sold on. I do think there are some stations that are probably finished underneath, but not all.
When I take Eglinton west, I like to think of it as an "off roading" experience... lol

View attachment 456228

Kind of blurry look at the presto machines by pharmacy. Not sure why they are turned on yet though....
A joke could be made about the imagery of a tiny card reader standing alone in front of a giant space meant for a ticket machine, and relate it to the state of ticketing with the abandoning of ticket counters, but I'm tired and I can't think of anything.

Honestly, perhaps it’s the winter weather but I don’t see much work happening at all at any of the nearby stations (laird to Bathurst). I don’t even see many workers at these stations anymore… since cleaning up the road it seems everything has slowed down again to a snails pace.

Could be anything really. Could have shifted resources to underground work until the Spring, shifted resources to Yonge/Eglinton, etc

Back