News   Mar 28, 2024
 34     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 209     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Only good thing about it is transit.
Please explain your enthusiasm, neither Rob or Doug has build any public transit. These two goofs dismantled an almost fully financed transit plan in favour of subways. Had they kept these plans, Scarborough would have been better off and the project would have been finished or close to completion. In the meantime this Ontario line is going over projected costs with Doug’s friends getting a big slice of the building cost and maintenance requirements. Building highways to places no one really needs them or to save minutes of the time travelled is not a sound transit plan. But I am sure one of the Conservative party contributors builds roads and houses.

Please explain your enthusiasm, neither Rob or Doug has build any public transit.
Because a change in government to either NDP or OLP will result in cancellation or delays for consultations/reviews for whatever projects are underway or in the planning stage. The OPC and Doug may be terrible, but better the devil you know.

Because a change in government to either NDP or OLP will result in cancellation or delays for consultations/reviews for whatever projects are underway or in the planning stage. The OPC and Doug may be terrible, but better the devil you know.
That's VERY weird 'reasoning' -

I remember Mike Harris back filling a subway construction, which was in progress.

To his credit, upon replacing Mother Wynne, Ford didn’t cancel any established projects.

Ford is not Harris when it comes to transit, the former having many projects in the works.

Harris and Ford are cut from the same Conservative cloth. Not for the people and all for profit. Both grifters and lacking empathy.

That list was vapid.
Jesus christ we're going to get a 3rd term of Dougie.
Maybe OL north then? Haha.

There is hope the LPO pick a leader who isn't insipid. Del Duca was the sacrificial offering, as most first term governments are re-elected, and most party leaders of governing parties only get one kick at the can.

Harris and Ford are cut from the same Conservative cloth. Not for the people and all for profit. Both grifters and lacking empathy.
That’s every political leader, every single one. You don’t get to become the leader without garnering and owing many favours from/to the elites in the private sector. This is especially true for any leader that wins more than their first election.

Reactions: T3G
Ford counts Harris as a long-time family friend, on top of as an unofficial government consultant. Oh yeah, and Ford personally named Mike Harris, Jr. as the candidate for Kitchener-Conestoga. They aren't just cut from the same cloth, they're stitched together.

That’s every political leader, every single one. You don’t get to become the leader without garnering and owing many favours from/to the elites in the private sector. This is especially true for any leader that wins more than their first election.
Maybe so, but the Conservatives are very blatant about it. No regard for the "people" they claim to serve. Disregarding health and safety, environment. Please tell me that they are actually convinced that everything is well and great with the current situation with healthcare, housing and environment. I am neither Liberal or NDP but one thing for sure I will never vote conservative.

Maybe so, but the Conservatives are very blatant about it.
I prefer blatant rather than surreptitious disregard of the people, healthcare, transit, the environment, etc. No one who voted Conservative these last two elections can claim to be surprised at what type of leader and government they’ve arrived at. On the other hand, I think back to McGuinty giving his buddies sweetheart contracts for wind power, and other such backstairs deals or ineptitudes such as the Ornge Air Ambulance, Power Plant, and eHealth scandals that forever stain his legacy as premier.

The last two provincial elections I’ve voted for the NDP, but I’m not beholden to any party. Since I began voting in the early 1990s I have voted Con, Lib, Green and NDP in both Fed and Prov elections. Had Mother Wynne read the room and announced her retirement in 2016, giving the governing OLP two years to find a successor, ideally one outside of her cabinet of cronies and useless twits, I might well have voted Liberal again.

Doug Ford is running the province exactly as his voters must have expected. Blatantly disregarding their well-being? Yes, but also as they must have antipated.

Last edited:
There's back-scratching, and then there is granting a $7B windfall to developers. If developers are going to be allowed to reap that windfall, I would say the previous property owners should be entitled to sue the province.

There's back-scratching, and then there is granting a $7B windfall to developers. If developers are going to be allowed to reap that windfall, I would say the previous property owners should be entitled to sue the province.
It was not provincially owned land. If the previous owners feel some monkey business swindled them out of realizing a now much higher market value, then it’s up to them to report any fraud to the police. It’s the original land owners, not the Ontario taxpayers that are the potential injured parties.

It was not provincially owned land. If the previous owners feel some monkey business swindled them out of realizing a now much higher market value, then it’s up to them to report any fraud to the police. It’s the original land owners, not the Ontario taxpayers that are the potential injured parties.
I am sure we all know it wasn’t provincially owned land. It was protected green space, suitable for farming only. Personally I don’t blame any farmer selling of his land, when or if his children aren’t willing to continue with tradition. But the big “but” lies with the fact that Ford already got caught before he got elected by stating his big builder friends would be standing to make profits as soon as Ford had released previously protected green spaces. Caught with his pants down he quickly back peddled. So now he has a majority government he will set his original plans back in action. Builders will build what the market demands, they will never build affordable housing. Keeping in mind said developments will be located far removed from regular public transport, it will not help to resolve the current housing situation. Blaming immigration is bull, as most immigrants arrive with their belongings in a suitcase or if they are refugees with the clothes on their back. Ford’s housing plans and land grabs are sad and stink like a rotting onion. Cities and organizations like Habitat build affordable housing.

Ford’s housing plans and land grabs are sad and stink like a rotting onion.
No one who voted for Ford expected anything else. That’s my point above, Ford’s one of the first premiers I can remember who wears his scumbagginess and cronyism on his shoulder. Ontario voters knew Ford had promised developers he‘d open up the greenbelt and no one believed his back peddling. Ontarians knew what we were voting for. What you see is what you get.

I blame Horvath and the NDP. We had one of the most unpopular douches running in 2016 and she still couldn’t beat him. And then again in 2022, with over 15,000 dead Ontarians, and chaos in our LTC homes, Horvath still couldn’t deliver. And don’t get me started about DeDuca and the Libs.

Last edited:

Back