News   Mar 28, 2024
 202     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 304     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 674     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

There’s a lot of work still going on: the Stouffville Line expansion is nearing completion,

Lots of work on the stations, yes…. But that last creek bridge shows no sign of forward motion. When I rode thru there today, there was not a construction worker on site….. but the worksite now has a homeless encampment on it. Until the double track is completed, the new station platforms are white elephants.
I question whether ML has any capability to manage projects to the end state. Lots of activity, lots of money spent incrementally… but always something not done that stands in the way of an end product.

- Paul

Lots of work on the stations, yes…. But that last creek bridge shows no sign of forward motion. When I rode thru there today, there was not a construction worker on site….. but the worksite now has a homeless encampment on it. Until the double track is completed, the new station platforms are white elephants.
I question whether ML has any capability to manage projects to the end state. Lots of activity, lots of money spent incrementally… but always something not done that stands in the way of an end product.

- Paul

Sounds a bit like West Harbour

Looks like work is started on the Innisfil station, they have started to clear the soil near where the station is going to be. I hope they double track that area so that they can run more trains.

There is a siding at Brantford that would allow trains to pass so why do trains only go as far as Aurora most of the time?

Looks like work is started on the Innisfil station, they have started to clear the soil near where the station is going to be. I hope they double track that area so that they can run more trains.

There is a siding at Brantford that would allow trains to pass so why do trains only go as far as Aurora most of the time?
I certianly hope trains going to Barrie don't have to detour all the way over to Brantford first! What would that be, a 6-hour train journey?

:)

Would GO be able to do what Greyhound used to do and charter extra sections from private coach operators, at least temporarily?

The Greyhound service between KW and Toronto was always busy and it wasn't uncommon to see quadruple and even quintuple sections on certain schedules. I'd assume a lot of that demand has shifted onto the 25 which doesn't help.

Would GO be able to do what Greyhound used to do and charter extra sections from private coach operators, at least temporarily?

The Greyhound service between KW and Toronto was always busy and it wasn't uncommon to see quadruple and even quintuple sections on certain schedules. I'd assume a lot of that demand has shifted onto the 25 which doesn't help.
I believe GO would like to do this, however the Union sees this as a slippery slope towards full contracting out of bus services and it is one of the issues in the current contract negotiations between the ATU and Metrolinx.

I believe GO would like to do this, however the Union sees this as a slippery slope towards full contracting out of bus services and it is one of the issues in the current contract negotiations between the ATU and Metrolinx.
Metrolinx has actually chartered buses recently. When the LSE and LSW were shut down, they supplemented their fleet with Coach Canada buses and drivers. But that was only a shuttle instead of a regular route.

Back