Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Photos taken Sept 5th, 2022:

DSC09477.JPG

DSC09483.JPG

DSC09484.JPG

DSC09485.JPG

DSC09489.JPG

DSC09490.JPG

One of the best run south street burgers in the city hands down. Street level vendors are just fine why would something expensive need to go here? Sugar Wharf levels out the neighourhood and is a welcomed addition.
people like yorkville for a reason, and it isn't cause of the cheap food....

just recently, harbourfront has don alfonso, but the area needs more. more unique restaurants bring more character. how boring everything would be with a bunch of shoppers drug marts and other chain restaurants

people like yorkville for a reason, and it isn't cause of the cheap food....

just recently, harbourfront has don alfonso, but the area needs more. more unique restaurants bring more character. how boring everything would be with a bunch of shoppers drug marts and other chain restaurants
Are you suggesting that a Michelin listed restaurant will be locating in T&S? Seems quite unlikely to me, I foresee dentist offices, dry cleaners, nail bars and maybe even a pot store. If one wants to open a high class restaurant or store, you don't locate in somewhere like T&S.

I think a high end retailer deciding not to locate here has little to do with the building's design. It's that local inhabitants lack the income needed to sustain high end retail.

I think a high end retailer deciding not to locate here has little to do with the building's design. It's that local inhabitants lack the income needed to sustain high end retail.

There's a bit of conflation going on there.

The St. Lawrence neighbourhood can sustain some upper-middle restos; though probably not much in the way of Michelin Star; but just west of Jarvis has been a hot restaurant row for years, and it's not unreasonable to think that may stretch some in the years ahead, Distillery District is not far to the west and it draws retailers and customers with $.

What @DSC is saying, I think, is that if such an establishment were to set up nearby, it's not likely to be in the T&S space. I'm inclined to agree. Brand image matters.

You're selling something, particularly with a resto.

It would be nice if they land something that can add some vibrancy, but the design isn't well suited to that.

But there are other proposals and sites nearby that may be...........

Ardo is right around the corner from T&S. And down the street you have places like Reyna, Gusto 501, Spaccio, Motorino, and of course all the places in the Distillery. King East doesn't match King West in terms of great restaurants, but it's not like there are none either.

But T&S will bring the people, and the restaurants will open in the nicer storefronts on King St. eventually.

This building is so polarizing lol I'm starting to like it - not because it's architecture is good by any means, but 'cause it's so contentious

I come here because all the thread activity minimizes forum updates on aunty Social.

I doubt it, have you visited City Place? Only time will tell (excuse the pun).
It took 20 years, but City Place is actually growing up!

I think St. Lawrence is a bit different in that it's not a totally new development area. But yeah, all of these things take time.

It took 20 years, but City Place is actually growing up!
I totally agree, but the area still lacks quality retail. Yes, it’s getting better, but it took a long time.

While I do understand your point re: St. Lawrence, T&S is situated in the outskirts, in an area I’d not consider destination driven since it's well past the market. IMO it’s like saying Jarvis and Charles is Yorkville.

So, this combined with the fact that the building itself is absolutely horrible, quality retail will likely not be jumping at the opportunity to open up shop in this bottom barrel disaster of a development.

In time, of course this will change , but it’s gonna take a lot of time (maybe not 20 years, but def not anytime soon). More so knowing the current economic situation we’re facing.

I’m certain there are some exceptions, but I do think more unique and quality restaurant ventures in Toronto tend to favour older, character rich buildings that are retrofitted. Hence why most of the new exciting restaurants like Bar Reyna and Spaccio in the east end are actually in Corktown and not St.Lawrence. Gusto 501 (purpose-built resto) is of course an exception, but still not in a new condo. New condo retail spaces usually lack the character and acoustic requirements unique restauranteurs are looking for. King East between Church and Sherbourne would attract some of the better restauranteurs in some of those old blocks but the history of repeatedly closed restaurants most likely deters them. Ardo seems to be the one of the only ones there hanging on

Back