News   Mar 28, 2024
 96     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 229     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

TTC: Easier Access Phase III

Also ancillary space is always in demand - cleaning, storage, station staff offices - as well as retail units. Could make the station feel less cramped, too
I agree, but I think the more important take-away is that those spaces need to be somewhere.

In some cases - and honestly, historically, too - a lot of them were placed at track/platform or concourse levels, in what would have otherwise been wasted, unused space. But now that we have additional devices that need that space and the spaces below, and a need to keep those spaces still existing (albeit in a new location), we come to a situation where the easiest way out is to build at the surface.

Dan

New tender out for the elevators at Old Mill:

1652737198292.png

1652737214206.png

We have a render for the Museum Station second exit.

Apparently it is going into Queen's Park after all:

1654623339757.png

Looking north towards the War Memorial

Construction to begin by Q3 2022 (so, imminently)

The new elevator is going out by the main entrances on Queen's Park Circle

Additional note, construction for the elevators at Christie Station is imminent (listed as, ' as soon as June 6th' )

I do believe work is in the process of getting underway at Warden. There are 2 large white construction trailers in where the bus bay exit area is. One of the trailers arrived last week and the second came this week.

No actual work going on in or around the station but the trailers would not be there if work was not imminent.

Easier Access work has begun at Warden. Bay 1 was closed today for elevator installation work.

It is likely closed permanently now as the bays will be demolished shortly after elevator completion.

20220715_174339.jpg

As per The Star, Construction on Museum Station's new elevators and second exit will begin tomorrow:

Of note, this will result in Queen's Park north of Hoskin getting lane reductions to 2SB lanes and 1 NB lane. ( a reduction of one NB lane)

Also, the project is apparently costing 26M. Man that's stiff for scope of this size.........

Last edited:

Back