News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 814     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

The Weather

Lovely fleurs.

You could "go green" and grow your own veggies, and have a few perennial shrubs ( gooseberries! currants! ) too ...

Lovely fleurs.

You could "go green" and grow your own veggies, and have a few perennial shrubs ( gooseberries! currants! ) too ...

My green thumb doesn't extend much past growing herbs! Early June, and end of July growing progress.

herbs_June2-08.jpg

Herbs_July28-08.jpg

So this is global warming? Feels more like the next ice-age is beginning with the past & current winter.

Wow, I never even knew UT had a thread on weather!! Thanks dt for digging it out. By the way, it is currenty -14, feeling like -19, and it was -22 this morning!! :eek:

*cries*

Enough of this! I was really hoping we'd have an easier winter after last year's nasty winter, but no luck so far. Although there is still just over 2 months of official winter left, so we're not even half way through yet, things could change!
*crosses fingers*

That's a flood from the extreme cold that caused a watermain break, not because of rain in case anyone was wondering ;)

A bit late, but the temperature outlook for January through the end of March:
sfe1t_s.gif

And the precipitation outlook for the same period:
sfe1p_s.gif

To me it almost seems like a repeat of last winter, which I'm not too happy about.

That's why I want a new snow record. At least it would be something appropriately Canadian to pat ourselves on the back about.

Europe is also having a very cold and snowy winter, too.

I really like snow so I kinda like this outlook ;)(lol, probably because I can't drive =P). And I'm not too happy about the ABOVE NORMAL around the Arctic + Northern Quebec, it spells GLOBAL WARMING.:eek::(

Much of the Arctic archipelago has been having pretty average temperatures - typically in the -20's and -30's. If you look at the bulk of the country, it's below average in terms of temperature outlook. If you'd look at Alaska, it's way below average. As for the global temperature average, University of Alabama Huntsville Microwave Sounding Unit (UAH-MSU) Satellite record shows cooling rather than warming over the last year, and no increase in average temperature since 2000.

Meanwhile, here in the big city, a wind chill warning for tonight. Wear your long undies if you have to take the dog out for a pee.

Up to another 15 cm of snow is going to fall today and tonight and early tomorrow :(

Hurray! If we're going to suffer through all this then there may as well be snow. It keeps my dog pretty damn happy, when her paws aren't frozen to the sidewalk.

Warnings
City of Toronto
12:42 PM EST Saturday 17 January 2009
Snowfall warning for
City of Toronto issued

15 centimetres of snowfall beginning this afternoon.

An approaching low pressure system will result in widespread snow for much of southern Ontario today, tonight and Sunday. Snow has already begun in southwestern Ontario and will spread eastward throughout the afternoon and evening. Current indications are that the greater Toronto area and regions surrounding it will receive the highest snowfall amounts, expected to be near 15 centimetres. The snow is expected to begin in these regions by late this afternoon and continue through the night before tapering off Sunday morning. The snowfall may be heavy at times and combined locally with blowing snow, resulting in occasionally very poor visibilities.

sketch.jpg

Back