Toronto Jarvis & Earl Place | 198.89m | 58s | Originate | Kirkor

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Originate with an upcoming project for the northeast corner of Jarvis Street & Earl Place, which is around 3 blocks south of Bloor.

5-scaled.jpg
Final-Render-Entrance-scaled.jpg
2-scaled.jpg
1-scaled.jpg
7-scaled.jpg
6-scaled.jpg

Current view of that corner:

jarv.JPG

Correct...
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Originate with an upcoming project for the northeast corner of Jarvis Street & Earl Place, which is around 3 blocks south of Bloor.

View attachment 415198View attachment 415199View attachment 415200View attachment 415201View attachment 415202View attachment 415203

Current view of that corner:

View attachment 415204

There are some design elements that appeal to me here; though, the way they've been jumbled together does not work at all.

The proportion of space and prominence devoted to the condo lobby is absurd.

Kirkor explains it!

They're tearing down those townhomes? The site is quite narrow. I wonder if it will also include the old apartment block behind (north of) those townhomes, facing Isabella.

Edit: the apartment block behind the townhouses doesn't face Isabella. It's on Jarvis mid-block between Earl Place and Isabella, or more specifically, between the townhouses and Casey House (with its substantial grounds). I think it will almost certainly be part of this redevelopment, otherwise the site would be too narrow for a tower this size (we're not talking about a pencil tower here).

Last edited:
They're tearing down those townhomes? The site is quite narrow. I wonder if it will also include the old apartment block behind (north of) those townhomes, facing Isabella.

No confirmation here, but a cursory look at the renders and some quick measurements on google do suggest to me that this site includes 561 Jarvis. If not, either the render is off, or I need another coffee:

1658500776315.png

Note: Not listed or designated in the Heritage Register.

How do these land assemblies work? Does the developer just go door to door pestering people with above-FMV offers until they relent? Hard to imagine a block of 10 separate townhouse owners all agreeing to sell at once.
It's likely a condo corporation so they only need approval from 80% of unit-holders to buy the whole complex, so 8 of the 10 units here. It's rare for condos to get bought out but it does happen. And yes, the developer likely offered well above FMV for what any one of the units would have sold for individually.

Back