Who will be the next US president?

• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
darkstar, try creating a new poll and then cut all the posts from this thread and paste them into that one (if they can be all cut & pasted in one shot).

Brandon its called waking up from idealistic bullshit and facing reality.

It happens to many people after University and to many politicians when they lose or see the real picture...

About your claims, Obama is locking up more and more support from the centre because he knows the idealistic nut jobs have no one else to support.

and vote for who???

Your a funny man.
Lordmandeep:
Obama can indeed lose his base. The "idealistic nut jobs" don't have to vote for McCain for this to happen. They can just stay at home and not vote in November. Obama's campaign is all about enthusiasm. If his rhetoric becomes more hawkish, he will indeed lose the enthusiasm of his anti-war base.

moon, couldn't have said it better myself. On another internet forum, I've had to listen to people say "you have no choice" and "deal with the reality in US politics" in trying to say everyone should support Obama no matter what.

When people get that kind of arrogance its a sure sign of trouble, because they are turning off members of their own party and definately centrists or some independents who don't like either party.

This is the first Presidential election I am probably not going to vote since I was given the right. The Democratic party is an arm of the Republican party. They dry to dress it up differently but underneath it's just a slightly more palatable plate of political garbage.

Obama's vote for the unconstitutional FISA law along with supporting Faith Based Iniatives was way too far to the right for me. The Constitution is the foundation of the entire system, it's a deal breaker. Now he's making anti choice statements and flip flopping on Iraq.

I look forward to voting in Canada where there are more options than voting for the lesser of two evils.

Can Barack Obama and John McCain's Vice Presidential picks decide the election?

Everyone: I now wonder if the running mates chosen by Barack Obama and John McCain may help decide the 2008 Election?

Will Barack Obama choose a blue-dog conservative Democrat or even a moderate Republican? Will someone to his Left hurt his bid as many feel?

Will John McCain choose a Democrat for a truly bi-partisan ticket or a moderate Republican?-an increasingly endangered species today. I feel if his pick is too far to the Right it will get support from conservatives but shun middle of the roaders-which I feel may very well decide this election.

Anyone have any thoughts of insight? Those VP picks are now just weeks away-let's all see what happens! LI MIKE

Vice-Presidential picks don't help a ticket much, but they can certainly hurt (EG. Dan Quayle).

No idea who Obama might pick (Joe Biden?), but I think I would be surprised to see McCain pick anyone except Mitt Romney.

*Has* there ever been a cross-partisan Veep pick? I guess the closest thing this time (or ever?) might be if McCain picked Joe Lieberman...

*Has* there ever been a cross-partisan Veep pick? I guess the closest thing this time (or ever?) might be if McCain picked Joe Lieberman...

In the distant past it was not totally unlikely for a Vice President to be elected that opposed the President, in the recent past its been not very common at all. But if McCain chooses Lieberman (which I think he will given how Lieberman has been in his every campaign stop), McCain will have made the choice and therefore an independent-Republican ticket isn't unorthodox.

Lieberman isn't a Democrat anymore, he is officially an independent, so it wouldn't be that bizzaire to see him team up with McLame.

McLame-Loserman might have a good shot at the Presidency, actually. Not that I would like to see it, but they do have a good shot.

McLame-Loserman might have a good shot at the Presidency, actually. Not that I would like to see it, but they do have a good shot.

Maliki's "endorsement" of Obama's Iraq plan just killed McLame/Loserman's mojo.

I love the internal email from the McCain advisor which simply said "We're fucked" in regards to Maliki's comments.

Back