Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Whatever happened to him? I presume he got unceremoniously turfed?

Nah, he last posted that he was in (or moving to) Spain I think, and that the posters giving him a hard time over his lack of political correctness could sit and spin in shabby 'ol TO while he's having a beer on a beach in a stunning country. He just seemed fed up with this forum. Too bad really, I found him to be a very amusing oddball who added a certain flavour to the place.

...putting aside supply side issues and waxing poetically about edgelords both past and present, I too would very much like to indulge in this fine institution's lunch specials that Mr. Towered mentioned a few pages back. And if circumstances allow it, I hope my green friend above me can join me in said endeavour. <3

A30D6959-673F-48CD-A827-D108207EF15A.jpeg

Saw this signage today and it's really not great. Looks cheap, ill-fitting and temporary. I am surprised IKEA wouldn't have come up with a more urban-looking type of signage for this location. Or, at least scaled it to properly match the mounting area - Marshall's signage is so much better.

Saw this signage today and it's really not great. Looks cheap, ill-fitting and temporary. I am surprised IKEA wouldn't have come up with a more urban-looking type of signage for this location. Or, at least scaled it to properly match the mounting area - Marshall's signage is so much better.

City has crap load of rules for outdoor signage,... then here, they also have to deal with condo-rules since the outer side of condo tower is considered condo common area - where they want it to look bland and generic,....one way to deal with the condo-rules is to place signage inside of the window as Marshall has with the larger white Marshall signage (ditto for Crunch signage),... then there's City's rule on whether signage is self-illuminated or indirectly illuminated,...

"Looks cheap, ill-fitting and temporary" could also describe much of the cladding on Aura, so it sadly fits in.

In looking at photo above, I am forced to conclude Ikea's signage people aren't the cream of the crop. It should have been three-dimensional letters, not a backlit box sign. I didn't know KirKor did signage................ :rolleyes:

In looking at photo above, I am forced to conclude Ikea's signage people aren't the cream of the crop. It should have been three-dimensional letters, not a backlit box sign. I didn't know KirKor did signage................ :rolleyes:
Yeah, this is basically the way all their signage looks at urban format stores around the world. Not sure who at IKEA thought it looks good, but yeah, this isn't something unique to this store.

Back