Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Amazing how people can be so positive when the stadium is full. To me that’s it’s biggest issue. But I do like being able to buy comparatively cheap seats in comparison to other sports because there’s always left overs.

Your not getting what I'm saying. I still don't think it's a great stadium, and majority of games the whole 500 level is pretty much empty which makes the stadium look pretty bad so ya it's still a bad stadium. If your telling me it's going to be sold out for 81 home games then we'll have this convo.

Your not getting what I'm saying. I still don't think it's a great stadium, and majority of games the whole 500 level is pretty much empty which makes the stadium look pretty bad so ya it's still a bad stadium. If your telling me it's going to be sold out for 81 home games then we'll have this convo.
Again the jays could spend a solid 50+ million a year on a payroll for 20 years and actually be competitive (instead of conceding to Boston and New York year after year) versus building a new stadium. Winning fills seats.

Again the jays could spend a solid 50+ million a year on a payroll for 20 years and actually be competitive (instead of conceding to Boston and New York year after year) versus building a new stadium. Winning fills seats.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Look at the Yankees, Mets and Dogers. All 3 teams spend big every year, and in the last 21 years they have one WS show for it.

You can't around upgrading a stadium by hoping that your going to have a winning product on the field.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Look at the Yankees, Mets and Dogers. All 3 teams spend big every year, and in the last 21 years they have one WS show for it.

You can't around upgrading a stadium by hoping that your going to have a winning product on the field.
The argos thought a new place was going to be their saviour. Attendance never improved. You can’t assume a new stadium will magically improve the blue jays third place status in Toronto.

The argos thought a new place was going to be their saviour. Attendance never improved. You can’t assume a new stadium will magically improve the blue jays third place status in Toronto.

Your comparing the Argos to the Blue Jays??? lol

Well they certainly are not the leafs or the raptors. Those easily outclass the jays. Next level down is argos and tfc. I don’t know what to tell you.

No idea what you mean by "outclass" but whatever....

Anyway, your theory seems to be it's okay for a pro team to play in a dump as the as they win, and mine is that is good to have both a winning team and a good facility.

No idea what you mean by "outclass" but whatever....

Anyway, your theory seems to be it's okay for a pro team to play in a dump as the as they win, and mine is that is good to have both a winning team and a good facility.
It’s your theory it’s a dump. For many people it’s a serviceable stadium.

The blue jays may be more popular than the leafs in Canada. But in Toronto where the ticket buyers are the maple leafs and the raptors are more popular than the jays. Basketball is a growing sport. Baseball is a dying sport. Hockey even in multicultural Toronto runs this country. The raptors won a few years ago. 91/92 was forever ago. I went to those World Series games and those parades. Times has changed. Back then the argos were relevant. But they have lost fans every year since 95. What happened in 95? More sports franchise competition. The raptors came here. People go to leaf and raptor games to be seen. People go to the blue jays games because they can get tickets and it’s still relatively cheap. I dislike mark Cuban but he made going to a game an event and every other basketball team copied that formula.

Attachments

• ABBDAF1D-C3AE-4F88-A6ED-71635CC2AB30.png
    ABBDAF1D-C3AE-4F88-A6ED-71635CC2AB30.png
    443.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 4A569781-D0D0-404E-91DC-5EA529631586.png
    4A569781-D0D0-404E-91DC-5EA529631586.png
    477.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
It’s your theory it’s a dump. For many people it’s a serviceable stadium.

The blue jays may be more popular than the leafs in Canada. But in Toronto where the ticket buyers are the maple leafs and the raptors are more popular than the jays. Basketball is a growing sport. Baseball is a dying sport. Hockey even in multicultural Toronto runs this country. The raptors won a few years ago. 91/92 was forever ago. I went to those World Series games and those parades. Times has changed. Back then the argos were relevant. But they have lost fans every year since 95. What happened in 95? More sports franchise competition. The raptors came here. People go to leaf and raptor games to be seen. People go to the blue jays games because they can get tickets and it’s still relatively cheap.
Baseball in Canada seems to getting a new life if you look at the Jays or the 3 teams in the Frontier league plus Vancouver.

Baseball in Canada seems to getting a new life if you look at the Jays or the 3 teams in the Frontier league plus Vancouver.
We have to look at childrens and youth registration. They told us the story that soccer was growing well before Toronto football club did. A large percentage of fans from various sports either we’re familiar with them or played them when they were young. Compare how difficult it is for a high school teenager to make their basketball team versus their baseball team.

Last edited:
Baseball as a whole is on the downswing but the Blue Jays and Baseball in Canada are having a resurgence. You can attribute this probably to the teams that were assembled for 2015 and 2016 for their playoff runs. That usually sparks an uptick in kids enrollment as well. I definitely don't think people go to leafs games and raptors games 'to be seen'. Those games do sellout though more often as there's significantly fewer games and even fewer seats available. Even at just 20,000 tickets available and fewer games, the Leafs still don't sell out everytime. their average sellout pct is 80 as per ESPN attendance tracker.

i don't understand how you can say 1 major league team outclasses another when they're vastly different.

We have to look at childrens and youth registration. They told us the story that soccer was growing well before Toronto football club did. A large percentage of fans from various sports either we’re familiar with them or played them when they were young. Compare how difficult it is for a high school teenager to make their basketball team versus their baseball team.
If we look at youth registration much of the country it's down big time for hockey and up for soccer does that mean soccer will over take hockey at all levels no it does not.

Back