Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Thought I’d make a post while at the game. The new screen is decent in person. But the new lighting system is amazing! Really good full wash across the entire space.

Though my memory is a bit fuzzy I don’t recall this level of “light segmentation” before. Meaning specific sections are able to be lit while sections next to it are dim.

25BBD2AA-E045-4359-940C-CF6952F875E3.jpeg

Edit: And an update of the screen during the game
8448C811-086B-4988-8FE3-895F15A2F90C.jpeg

Last edited:
Thought I’d make a post while at the game. The new screen is decent in person. But the new lighting system is amazing! Really good full wash across the entire space.

Though my memory is a bit fuzzy I don’t recall this level of “light segmentation” before. Meaning specific sections are able to be lit while sections next to it are dim.

View attachment 391397
Edit: And an update of the screen during the game
View attachment 391414

Does it feel darker in the stadium? It kind of looks dark on my screen.

Reporting back as promised...

So starting with that blue tint to the section of the roof in the photo above...I could not for the life of me figure out where it was coming from but it was there all game and is less pronounced in person than that photo.

I was lucky enough to get to my seats early because they did a mini light show with a video introducing it with the players which was pretty cheesey but I loved it! The lights sharply went to a blackout before jumping up like strobes for a bit and then a pattern of going in sequence across the stadium. The lights or at least some of them seemed to be around the base of the roof. And I agree with what that article above said, the stadium did seem to 'pop' more, it looked newer so a good move there!

The new video board is great, you could easily see the much improved crispness and has fancy new stats like pitch break. The new electronic advertising strip around the stadium above the 200 level look great too and in sync with the board.

All in all it definitely improved the experience! And the game itself was unreal except for Berrios obviously, feel for the guy and hopefully it doesn't get in his head and he get back to normal in his next start

I was there today. I liked the new lighting and the new screen.

What I did not like was how the Mary Browns Chicken and Craft Beer Corner were so far away from everything. I wanted to check them out but I was in section 120L and they were in 134.

Now to save rogers centre and keep attendance up we need a view and Mary Browns chicken at every other concession stand.

I just want to point out that I think it's ridiculous that we are complaining about a small walk inside a stadium to get some chicken yet in the same thread we are talking about relocating the stadium to a more substantial walk outside in the elements just for a view.

Yes but my point was they should have more than 1 location

I dunno how much I care about Mary Brown's either way but I agree it's absurd that in a 45,000 seat stadium with 3 main seating levels, and beer retail outlets about every 20 feet, that there's literally one location to get decent beer. I will visit that location when next I'm there. But it's still absurd.

I have to admit, despite still thinking it's one of the worst stadiums in baseball, it's come a long way with the dirt infield, and striped turf, new scoreboard.., and even better when the roof is open. When the stadium is full it's quite amazing.

I have to admit, despite still thinking it's one of the worst stadiums in baseball, it's come a long way with the dirt infield, and striped turf, new scoreboard.., and even better when the roof is open. When the stadium is full it's quite amazing.

Not to mention, the middle part doesn't look any bigger or different then the old jumbotron. Waste of money.

Amazing how people can be so positive when the stadium is full. To me that’s it’s biggest issue. But I do like being able to buy comparatively cheap seats in comparison to other sports because there’s always left overs.

Back