Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

DADB7DD2-F301-4E83-B57E-4241AE2B8672.jpeg
44BD3617-FEBD-4C52-A8FA-D783EA7A90AD.jpeg
65831C59-35A3-4288-A92B-CDA073D91474.jpeg
E8764B87-0B9C-435D-A960-1474974522CF.jpeg

I hope so to, but the trajectory of everything so far doesn't look promising.
Once again, I'll use Sixty Colborne as an example...

...as for the longest time it didn't look like those orange fins where ever going up. Nor was there any apparent place to hang them to the non-industry eye. But in the end they did go up after mostly eveything else was completed on that building. So be patient, young Padawan?

Once again, I'll use Sixty Colborne as an example...

...as for the longest time it didn't look like those orange fins where ever going up. Nor was there any apparent place to hang them to the non-industry eye. But in the end they did go up after mostly eveything else was completed on that building. So be patient, young Padawan?
You're probably right, but this is so beyond just the fins at this point. I bet you there will be exposed corrugated paneling under the roof.

If you look closely at this image by @Red Mars

44286808-08d7-463c-b1cb-7b61a1983a76_1_201_a-jpeg.379852

You can see that there is a slit in the fin - it's the attachment point for the extension I believe. Don't have a huge issue with the steel decking exposed as is - my fear would be them covering it up with boring drywall as fire protection.

AoD

Last edited:
folks this is going to be the nicest new public building in the city when it's finished - idk why you're all stressin

I was worried that the coloured sunshades would end up being a really dull shade of copper but much to my surprise they're like, highlighter orange. A choice I am very pleased with.

Last edited:
folks this is going to be the nicest new public building in the city when it's finished - idk why you're all stressin

I was worried that the coloured sunshades would end up being a really dull shade of copper but much to my surprise they're like, highlighter orange. A choice I am very pleased with.
I totally agree, this should turn out pretty nice but I would argue the details and execution of the Renzo Piano Ontario Courthouse gives this a run for its money

Back