Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Cue the stadium lighting. The signs are literally blinding.

It hurts my eyes to look at them.

View attachment 379577
What in the actual hell is wrong with these people? I thought this would be a beautiful stone wall in an elegant moat. No... we definitely need advertisements to welcome people into our downtown.
It's so depressing that Toronto doesn't know how to create a great civic space.

Last edited:
What in the actual hell is wrong with these people? I thought this would be a beautiful stone wall in an elegant moat. No... we definitely need advertisements to welcome people into our downtown. It's so depressing that Toronto doesn't know how to create a great civic space.

It's "branded cities" afterall - in an eyeball searing way. It's a miracle we haven't managed to put them atop the Jersey barriers outside yet.

AoD

It's "branded cities" afterall - in an eyeball searing way. It's a miracle we haven't managed to put them atop the Jersey barriers outside yet.

AoD
Maybe they'll put them on the bollards that are coming, whenever they are supposed to come.

Actually come to think of it, I think i just came up with a way for Toronto to finally afford bollards!

Seeing all the discussion about the new boards made me remember a photo I don't believe I've posted; taken by me a short while ago.

It's from the TTC Union Station, Line 1 Platform, north to the University Line.

1644551728428.png

I hadn't been on that platform in awhile and noted that the Ad screens on the trackside wall are all digital now.

Not sure when that happened, but I thought that was interesting.

Not sure it was good, have to think on that one.

Though I do I like being able to see the next train time on a much larger, easier to see screen than the typical over-platform ones.

Seeing all the discussion about the new boards made me remember a photo I don't believe I've posted; taken by me a short while ago.

Its from the TTC Union Station, Line 1 Platform, north to the University Line.

View attachment 379641

I hadn't been on that platform in awhile and noted that the Ad screens on the trackside wall are all digital now.

Not sure when that happened, but I thought that was interesting.

Not sure it was good, have to think on that one.

Though I do I like being able to see the next train time on a much larger, easier to see screen than the typical over-platform ones.
The next train screens were put there on the new platform because there wasn't enough space overhead to put them for people to be able to get under them because of the height restrictions on that side.

Cue the stadium lighting. The signs are literally blinding.

It hurts my eyes to look at them.

View attachment 379577
I don't know how but somehow the picture captures how blinding it is perfectly. I'm looking at this on a monitor where I can look at white web pages with no problem and it actually looks like I could burn a retina out on that sign.

I’m guessing it closed because of the omicron wave, but is the Foodie Aisle going to reopen any time soon? Was quite disappointed it was fenced off.

Back