News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 691     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 312     0 

ericmacm's Mississauga Future Skyline [SketchUp Rendering]

Hey guys. I didn't think it would have to come to this, but I have to start watermarking my images. I have seen a real estate agency stealing my photos and watermarking them themselves. As far as I know, it's only one agency as of now, but they did not contact me and ask for my permission to use these photos. I do these renders on my own time for free, and I am doing it because I genuinely enjoy it. I have put a lot of work into these models over the last couple of years. I am incredibly disappointed that it had to come to this, and I apologize for those of you who enjoy watermark-free imagery. I am more than happy to send out watermark-free, full-size image files, just shoot me a message and we can work something out.

I will be retroactively reuploading and watermarking my images over the next week or so. I will have two sets of watermarks - one with my full name, which I will be using for my Google Earth renders, and one with the name of my freelance 3D rendering/modelling business (Southwest Design), which I will be using for my higher-quality 3D renders.

Again, I do regret having to do this, but I do not appreciate my work being stolen.

90246255_2650165268548257_3572650227418529792_o.jpg101703363_1193752737628883_4363184819908116480_o.jpg101805793_1193753000962190_2384074854962823168_o.jpg

Last edited:
Really disappointing given the amount of effort it takes to build these.

Did you reach out to them?

I haven't yet, but I plan to do it within the week.

EDIT: It appears they've beat me to the punch. They must have seen this.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I didn't think it would have to come to this, but I have to start watermarking my images. I have seen a real estate agency stealing my photos and watermarking them themselves. As far as I know, it's only one agency as of now, but they did not contact me and ask for my permission to use these photos. I do these renders on my own time for free, and I am doing it because I genuinely enjoy it. I have put a lot of work into these models over the last couple of years. I am incredibly disappointed that it had to come to this, and I apologize for those of you who enjoy watermark-free imagery. I am more than happy to send out watermark-free, full-size image files, just shoot me a message and we can work something out.

I will be retroactively reuploading and watermarking my images over the next week or so. I will have two sets of watermarks - one with my full name, which I will be using for my Google Earth renders, and one with the name of my freelance 3D rendering/modelling business (Southwest Design), which I will be using for my higher-quality 3D renders.

View attachment 268480

Again, I do regret having to do this, but I do not appreciate my work being stolen.

View attachment 268475View attachment 268476View attachment 268477

I'm not surprised. That's why I started to add tokens to my drone pictures. A lot of Mississauga sales agents (the worst offenders) are doing the same with mine, along with architects, and marketing companies. At the moment, I'm completely turn-off from posting further pictures. The last straw was when I got a solicitation email from a sales agent selling M3 units using one of my drone pictures as their lead.

I would echo the above experience. Every future skyline render I did in the past decade and a half (each typically receiving a lot of media attention)... has been ripped off. Real estate has been the worst offender (chased off a few), but lots of others and never ever credited. It's really bad when some of the renders were paid corporate commissions I did (clients not happy).

Last edited:
Hi Eric, I really enjoy your posts here. Are there any planned updates for your Mississauga graphics? I would love to see the various proposals in the Cooksville area as a whole.

Hi Eric, I really enjoy your posts here. Are there any planned updates for your Mississauga graphics? I would love to see the various proposals in the Cooksville area as a whole.
Hi Anastasia, I'm glad you enjoy them! To be honest, it's been difficult for me to get back into my hobbies lately, 3D modelling included. When I do work on my models, it has mostly been for Kitchener, Halifax, and Ottawa. I plan to do Burlington after I complete those, but I plan on looping back around and updating my Mississauga model as well. I know that a number of new proposals have come up (with a fair amount in Cooksville as well), and I am excited to eventually model them. It just might be a while before I get to it.

Hi Anastasia, I'm glad you enjoy them! To be honest, it's been difficult for me to get back into my hobbies lately, 3D modelling included. When I do work on my models, it has mostly been for Kitchener, Halifax, and Ottawa. I plan to do Burlington after I complete those, but I plan on looping back around and updating my Mississauga model as well. I know that a number of new proposals have come up (with a fair amount in Cooksville as well), and I am excited to eventually model them. It just might be a while before I get to it.
Totally understandable. I'm glad to hear it's on your radar to eventually do an update for Mississauga. Thanks for the update.

Cross-post from my Pan-Canadian Future Skylines thread! I have produced updated renderings for my Mississauga skyline, now at 123 towers, up from 89 towers in the last revision. It still does not yet include Port Credit but I still plan on getting to it. I have added Cooksville to the model, including the new major Queensway hospital development.

Mississauga V6-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Cross-post from my other thread.

Hey everyone. I know it has been a long time since I have updated any of my work. I've had a lot of exciting things going on in my personal and professional life over the past year and a bit, so I haven't really been focusing too much on any of this. That being said, I wanted to do some updating on my Mississauga model. A significant amount of additional developments and development concepts have been proposed across the city in the past couple of years so I have added a large amount of them in, resulting in over double the amount of towers in the model. I am still missing some of them in this update, however, and they are mostly large-scale developments like Brightview and Lakeview Village. Truth be told, I actually kind of hate modelling many of these developments. I am heavily dependent on satellite imagery to keep my models accurate and it starts to get complicated with large sites. To make matters more difficult, the version of SketchUp that I currently use is not the desktop version and subsequently does not allow me to access satellite imagery for geolocation, just the map linework. I do plan to model them, but I figured I would handle them later. This is more of an interim update on what is going to end up being my largest and most complicated model yet.

I am also starting work on incorporating Brampton to make a combined Peel model. It is not ready yet, but the combined amount of proposed tower developments between the two is likely to be over 600 total. In the meantime, please enjoy the update to my Mississauga model.

Mississauga, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 307

Mississauga V7-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V7-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V7-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V7-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V7-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V7-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V7-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V7-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V7-9 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Back