Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

Is this the spot?

churchkingcolbourne.jpg

I don't think it is the whole parking lot. I think it is probably from Church up to the white frame roof based on the addresses given.

I wonder if St James is going to fight this. Lots of shadowing going to happen with a 39 story building.

Don't think the church has money anymore to fight these battles - too many lawsuits against them for their 'questionable practices'

Don't think the church has money anymore to fight these battles - too many lawsuits against them for their 'questionable practices'

ouch....... pretty sure thats only a select few in the United States, and thats pretty retarded of you to say. I'm not religious but still come on.

seeing as they were planning to build what turned into Spire in their backyard, I doubt they can oppose anything. The rest of the neighbourhood on the other hand...

ouch....... pretty sure thats only a select few in the United States, and thats pretty retarded of you to say. I'm not religious but still come on.

The Anglican church has nothing to do with the United States. The Anglican church is having financial problems due to problems at residential schools involving native Canadians. Their fiscal problems wouldn't likely stop them from protesting something that they had an issue with though.

From what I can see from the application, I really don't like it. The north side of Colborne should really capture the ambiance of the heritage building on the south side. The proposed building could be anywhere. And what about the north elevation on King? Looks like lots and lots of precast. This is a terrible first attempt and, frankly, I'd rather live with a parking lot for a few more years than compromise what could be a very special place. Also, wouldn't it be nice if the applicant could sumit a proposal along with the owner of the lot to the west? I do think that the entire stretch on the north side of Colborne should mirror the massing and height of the building on the south side.

from that proposal.... I like the massing/shape, of the podium... ditch the tower, and you've got yourself a nice respectful, and well fitted building that runs along Church.

Proposed elevations along Colborne/ Church / King respectively:
south.jpg
east.jpg
north.jpg

I think the tower part of this proposal definitely does not fit at this location at all, it does not respect the cathedral or the heritage neighbourhood, and the built form / height is completely out of context to the surrounding 10-15 storey buildings in the St. James area ...

Great Gulf send this back to the drawing board ~

I think the tower part of this proposal definitely does not fit at this location at all, it does not respect the cathedral or the heritage neighbourhood, and the built form / height is completely out of context to the surrounding 10-15 storey buildings in the St. James area ...

Great Gulf send this back to the drawing board ~

I suppose the context doesn't include Spire, which I would think already established a precedent.

Back