Niagara Falls The Great Falls | 225m | 60s | 3Bridges | Hariri Pontarini

You're more likely to see Marineland get redeveloped before any of these towers - including the other 6 or so already approved (and more high-rises planned along Ferry) even break ground - if they ever break ground.

You're more likely to see Marineland get redeveloped before any of these towers - including the other 6 or so already approved (and more high-rises planned along Ferry) even break ground - if they ever break ground.
Why do the viewers of this blog think that this will not happen ? If things get back to normal with the virus etc. There's going to be lots of development happening in the tourist sector. We have more condo units than hotel rooms to be built on this development. That lot of people from Toronto and the Golden horseshoe etc would love to live in viewing the falls!

Why do the viewers of this blog think that this will not happen ? If things get back to normal with the virus etc. There's going to be lots of development happening in the tourist sector. We have more condo units than hotel rooms to be built on this development. That lot of people from Toronto and the Golden horseshoe etc would love to live in viewing the falls!
Niagara Falls have had a lot of high-rises approved in almost a blink of an eye within the last 10 years, with nothing to show for it (including three 30 storey high-rises across from the 72 storey site (which will unlikely be built).

A lot of these property owners have minimal development experience, and once they run the numbers, they find out the economics don't work - building a high-rise in the Falls isn't like building in Toronto.

Just picking a specific element of this - the cost of building underground garage parking per sq ft is just not viable, at least in the Niagara market. Speaking from my own experience, some projects have been drastically scaled back to reflect a much safer return and significantly reducing risk.

That's not to say none of these will ever get built - some owners may choose to sell to a developer that can actually see these projects through.

Niagara Falls have had a lot of high-rises approved in almost a blink of an eye within the last 10 years, with nothing to show for it (including three 30 storey high-rises across from the 72 storey site (which will unlikely be built).

A lot of these property owners have minimal development experience, and once they run the numbers, they find out the economics don't work - building a high-rise in the Falls isn't like building in Toronto.

Just

That's not to say none of these will ever get built - some owners may choose to sell to a developer that can actually see these projects through.
This development was sold from a falls developer to a developer over sea. That changed the previous rendering and even added more floors! Niagara Falls is starting to grow more now that GO train and busTransit has stops here! Those 1000 plus units could probably be sold to wealthy owners and time share holders etc. Who would love own a unit with a view of the Falls. Slowly but surely theses projects will get developed!

In the fwiw category, from what I gather they appear to hint on a recent IG post that sales may begin in 2022:

Screenshot_20211214-080446_Instagram.jpg

Can't wait to see this become a reality lol! But these guys keeps pushing through with development!

"The Ripple" looks like a nice project/vision. but "The Ripple" will never happen as proposed. in a year or two the ripple will become a splash of mud.

This isn't Toronto, so maybe it won't be completely cheapened?
I'm not sure if it'll necessarily go through The Cheapening®, but Niagara Falls does have a poor track record of getting grand proposals like this past the proposal phase. I will say that this one seems further in the planning/design process than other proposals so I have my fingers crossed we'll actually see this through. There's no ignoring that Niagara Falls is still incredibly popular among tourists and that this would be a strategic moment to build a hotel as upon completion the travel industry will be in significantly better shape.

I'll buy every member of UT a drink if this gets built as currently proposed. How many members are we at the moment, 38,625? Should be manageable I think.
You better hope you win the lottery. That or you are already a secret multi millionaire in which case, I expect the drinks to be served to us from your penthouse suite at The One.

You better hope you win the lottery. That or you are already a secret multi millionaire in which case, I expect the drinks to be served to us from your penthouse suite at The One.
I was actually planning on taking advantage of Doug Ford's Buck-a-Beer for you folks. This would be for the people after all.

Back