News   May 01, 2024
 498     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 233     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 311     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Quite the contrast to the opulence of the Sheppard and TYSSE stations!
Honestly I’d really appreciate just some of that TYSSE “opulence” on the Crosstown (and even more on the Ontario Line). These Crosstown stations are as utilitarian as it gets

TYSSE-style stations would be incredible on the OL from a design standpoint.

Last edited:
Honestly I’d really appreciate just some of that TYSSE “opulence” on the Crosstown (and even more on the Ontario Line). These Crosstown stations are as utilitarian as it gets

Without the water stains?

Maybe Spadina Line stations like St. Clair West and not TYSSE - those platforms on TYSSE are beyond awful.

Without the water stains?
Yes, the exposed concrete only looks decent when it is is clean and has some treatment applied to it. Otherwise they should be hanging panels over the whole wall to hide it. The unfinished concrete on Sheppard Line and TYSSE looks dirty and unkempt pretty quickly.

Maybe Spadina Line stations like St. Clair West and not TYSSE - those platforms on TYSSE are beyond awful.
I agree on the platforms, however the other parts of the TYSSE architecture are quite nice.

The OL is going to be Toronto’s premier subway line (the first downtown line in 70 years), and it should get the architectural flourishes it deserves.

Meanwhile, in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia...

Wireless trams. The trams can get recharged at each station. Possible, because they get the needed funds to do so. Can't do that in Toronto or Ontario.
Or maybe we didn't think it was practical for the crosstown line or the legacy network. There are more factors then just finding for things like that also at the time of being ordered Bombardier didn't have a model that was capable of wireless use.

Wireless trams. The trams can get recharged at each station. Possible, because they get the needed funds to do so. Can't do that in Toronto or Ontario.
Also because it's Aus with fantastic weather, and this line is *checks notes* 3km long . . .

So freakin' COOL.
Can imagine this would also be possible with electric buses ....?

Metrolinx 6200 is in Lambton yard to be ship to Metrolinx as a finish car for service.

It's unfortunate how far the bar has dropped when it comes to Toronto transit design.

We seem content to get whatever scraps we get (relatively speaking, of course). What happened to city building and pride in public infrastructure?

Hopefully the Ontario Line is revised and the stations are as grand as they should be.

It's unfortunate how far the bar has dropped when it comes to Toronto transit design.

We seem content to get whatever scraps we get (relatively speaking, of course). What happened to city building and pride in public infrastructure?

Hopefully the Ontario Line is revised and the stations are as grand as they should be.
Most likely the decision makers don't even use public transit regularly. It is just a job to them.

Back