News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 571     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 874     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

Thanks. Doesn't look like it's been updated in a year or so ... says that they are getting 38 additional cars, with 13 assembled in Ottawa, and 25 assembled in Brampton - but only 3 of the Ottawa ones were delivered as of the last update (11 months ago).
I don't think it's an official source just something that people update like Wikipedia

Last edited:
I get why the LRVs are the colour they are... but god they're bland. Even the line colour is grey for Finch West, at least Eglinton gets orange!
I for one am a huge fan, the grey paint gives these subway class trains an uncanny resemblance to another train:
1628807444109.png

Noticed what looks like stop request buttons on the poles in the video.
j7LtNP9pNCAE9CjX7NT65GqSiswpKd_bxRuBvkZsdjQ.jpg
From link, not from the video.

Guess if there is no one at a stop platform, and no button was pressed on the train, the train could by-pass the stop?
Perhaps it might be only on off-peak, or only at the at-grade section east of Science Center. I don't believe it will be for the entire line.

We shall see.

Perhaps it might be only on off-peak, or only at the at-grade section east of Science Center. I don't believe it will be for the entire line.

We shall see.
What page is that referenced in the passenger handbook?

bilde.jpg
From link. 😄 😄

Noticed what looks like stop request buttons on the poles in the video.
j7LtNP9pNCAE9CjX7NT65GqSiswpKd_bxRuBvkZsdjQ.jpg
From link, not from the video.

Guess if there is no one at a stop platform, and no button was pressed on the train, the train could by-pass the stop?
they mostly copy and pasted the interior of the Toronto Flexity Outlook streetcars when they designed the interior of the Flexity Freedom LRVs whether they actually get used is another question. The ION vehicles had them but had them removed because they were unneeded as trains stopped at every stop.

My only complaint about the TTC’s new streetcars is how the turn signals and four way flashers are located at bumper level. I’d like to see them duplicated at top so that when I’m in traffic behind I can see if the car is turning or holding in place.

My only complaint about the TTC’s new streetcars is how the turn signals and four way flashers are located at bumper level. I’d like to see them duplicated at top so that when I’m in traffic behind I can see if the car is turning or holding in place.
Turn signals on streetcars? What's that? The Peter Witt an PCC streetcars didn't have turn signals on them. Must be something new.

What next? Air-conditioning? Maybe washrooms and a bed by the 22nd century? Oh wait, they already have beds on buses... so...

Back