News   Mar 28, 2024
 78     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 551     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 356     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

With all these under/overpasses, will the core area of GO be completely grade separated? I'm not taking about GO commuter but rather just the RER sections.
Stouffville south of Unionville will be fully grade-separated AFAIK.

^There will be a few grade crossings remaining, but the number is slowly decreasing.
The other big change is the amount of noise walling being added. It may be the price of progress, but the ride will be a lot less interesting as all those charming back yard vistas disappear behind soon-to-be-graffitti-tagged noise walls.

- Paul

- Paul

ya actually lakeshore east has a few grade crossings still, (scarborough golf club road and i wanna say mccowan?) but afaik they are all being changed to segregated crossings as part of the early works. That info might be incorrect too as i know mx has done some weird things moving stuff around with the off-corridor and early works projects

safe to say that by the completion of Go expansion LSE should be all grade separated.

LSW on the other hand, is weird in that as far as i can tell only 2 of the 10 railway crossings that exist up to bronte are being upgraded (kerr and burloak)

There are a few smaller ones, but at this point we should be removing every single one anyway

We remove a lot of crossings that probably aren't necessary if we just designed better crossings - if places like Japan and Korea don't deem it necessary on lines with service every few minutes I think we will be fine.

ah it was morningside, not too sure if that one is getting separated as well
yup it's currently planned. I've seen surveying teams in the area recently so maybe soon. along the east Scarborough section of else there are plans to grade separate Morningside, Galloway, and Scarborough gulf club, and close poplar road so it no longer crosses the tracks. This would leave to grade crossings but they are quite minor and receive very low traffic so shouldn't be any issue

Is there a timeline for when operations through the tunnel will commence?

No date is given in the article.

But of note, tracks have not been laid, and will not be, under this contract.

From the link:

1628097541040.png

Back