Toronto First Parliament Site | ?m | ?s

Though I agree that if this site is to be on top of a transit hub, it DOES need some density around it, this local is certainly not too keen and I will not be until I see a "final' plan showing the height and density (and purpose) of exactly what will be on the site, the size of the 'public space' and some guarantee that if the Ontario Line's First Parliament Station is NOT built, the land will be returned to the City so that the ongoing plans for the First Parliament site can be realised. If the space allocated to parks is insufficient maybe the Province could pay for the park planned for the north east corner of Mill & Parliament.

I’m not usually the one to say this, but I think the province’s plan makes good sense. This will be next to a subway station and density needs to be very high. I might even push the towers taller if it frees up more space for parkland. It’s also hard to see how there would be any legitimate objections - the site is empty, surrounded by primarily commercial / institutional properties, and is relatively close to downtown. As long as there is sufficient community space / affordable housing and the design isn’t crap, I say go bonkers.

1618326460939.png

10-20 years??? WTF

Don't they need the site for quite a few years to stage Ontario Line construction equipment? The subway station there won't be ready before 2030 anyways.

Back