Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Update from Joe Cressy's office. The City now hopes to remove the Jersey barriers and install bollards between Q3 2021 to Q3 2022 while the City are working on waterproofing at the west end of Union Station (I assume the strange areas below the Front Street sidewalk in the west Front Moat area.)

"hopes". :rolleyes:

It could be a case of shifting money around during a tough year. They probably want to postpone the work until the coffers are a bit fuller.

Right now the focus is preventing an economic disaster in Toronto and money which could be spent on landscaping features is probably being diverted to covid relief along with public health.
That very well could be a possibility.

10 years ago the Harvey's closed.
union station harveys.jpg

Paging @DSC

I have found something for you to lobby to add to the Jersey Barrier enhancement project...............

The almost new railings on the stairs down from York and Front ..............need revitalizing.............err, replacement...............are these still under warranty?

Seriously...............rust, peeling paint, failing finish................this is embarrassingly crap!

1612488620324.png

1612488656452.png

Paging @DSC

I have found something for you to lobby to add to the Jersey Barrier enhancement project...............

The almost new railings on the stairs down from York and Front ..............need revitalizing.............err, replacement...............are these still under warranty?

Seriously...............rust, peeling paint, failing finish................this is embarrassingly crap!

View attachment 298365

View attachment 298366
Those look like they have been there a long long time.

Paging @DSC

View attachment 298365

View attachment 298366
They're new?????? What happened?

Paging @DSC

View attachment 298365

View attachment 298366

while the railings are awful, I can't help but notice the jersey barrier right at the top of the stairs in the middle of the sidewalk. Why is it located there? Shouldn't it be much closer to the road to prevent cars from entertaining the sidewalk area at all? All this seems to do is obstruct pedestrian flow.

Paging @DSC

I like the challenges of nagging the City as one VERY occasionally 'wins'. I suspect these railings are TTC property and I have given up with them. If YOU want to take this on you could also raise the fact that several of the stairs leading to Front from the fare paid area are propped up by wooden boards. Let us know how you get on!

I like the challenges of nagging the City as one VERY occasionally 'wins'. I suspect these railings are TTC property and I have given up with them. If YOU want to take this on you could also raise the fact that several of the stairs leading to Front from the fare paid area are propped up by wooden boards. Let us know how you get on!

You and I both know about the TTC.

As to these.......I would assume they are City; they certainly aren't within the subway station.

I will see about sending them a note.

Back