Toronto 212 King Street West | 250m | 80s | Dream Office | SHoP

^I respect your opinion and understand what you are trying to say POW but using the color scheme of a tower built in 60s does not mean they are trying to "recreate" it. It's just like saying using red brick in New buildings is like trying to build something from early 1900s.
Trust me you will love the details once this building T/O. just look at Fleur condos- it's black done perfectly. even if they try to mimic TD's black facade i don't mind it cause we got a lot of green and blue in Toronto. :)
I didn’t say that. I never even made reference to this proposal. I was addressing ProjectEnd’s sentiment, which was based on a hypothetical situation.

Fleur isn’t even black; it’s grey.

I like what I am seeing so far. Hopefully this project will provide a shot-in-the-arm to the Mirvish-Gehry project next door - an impetus to get it restarted.

I note the residential is rental so if they can lock up enough office tenants there should not be any great delays in getting this one off of the ground.

I like what I am seeing so far. Hopefully this project will provide a shot-in-the-arm to the Mirvish-Gehry project next door - an impetus to get it restarted.

I note the residential is rental so if they can lock up enough office tenants there should not be any great delays in getting this one off of the ground.
Quint, in order to facilitate the development of this project and Mirvish-Gehry, you should arrange a meeting with the City and the developers, and recite this motivational speech, which will hopefully act as a catalyst.

Last edited:
I love what they are proposing for the heritage buildings but honestly the residential tower looks abysmal. I’ve seen some great buildings proposed for New York and many other large cities, and many are beautiful, others not so much but this is butt ugly.

Screenshot_20201217-132012_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201217-131930_Samsung Internet.jpg

From the website.

Looks great!
3 heritage buildings gets preserved
adding office, jobs, commercial and rentals to downtown
expanding public space

GO GO GO

I think it's example of, not necessarily an accurate representation of for good or bad.

Back