News   Apr 26, 2024
 269     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 494     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.5K     4 

Evocative Images of Lost Toronto

"This is the view of the Humber River that will be had from the new high level viaduct across Bloor Street.".....photo-1924 TPL
Humber River 1924  TPL.jpg

"This is the view of the Humber River that will be had from the new high level viaduct across Bloor Street.".....photo-1924 TPL
View attachment 280563

I can't say I want the bike path removed; but I would be all for ditching the mowed grass, and the road on the west bank; as natural as practical, please!

Its hard for me to fathom the money we spent to diminish that view.

I can't say I want the bike path removed; but I would be all for ditching the mowed grass, and the road on the west bank; as natural as practical, please!

Its hard for me to fathom the money we spent to diminish that view.

It'll be washed away with the next "Hurricane Hazel".

getDocument.php

Hurricane Hazel High-Water Mark in King’s Mill Park on the Bloor Street West bridge crossing the Humber River.

From link.

Copp Bros, Empire Foundry, York St., n.w. corner Bay St. N. 1880 TPL
(York at Bay? - that's confusing)
View attachment 284336
We’ve got two men standing outside a window, ladies in carriages, a man sitting in a chair on a cart....fascinating. So many of the men are holding some kind of “pole”. I love the mansard roof over the central entrance to the inevitable courtyard.

We’ve got two men standing outside a window, ladies in carriages, a man sitting in a chair on a cart....fascinating. So many of the men are holding some kind of “pole”. I love the mansard roof over the central entrance to the inevitable courtyard.
I'm guessing that in 1880, they would have had to remain still for a period of time in order to expose the photo to the camera. Some of them used props to lean on.

I'm guessing that in 1880, they would have had to remain still for a period of time in order to expose the photo to the camera. Some of them used props to lean on.
Yes, Isotack. It was certainly not a quick snap.
It's exceptional that most held perfectly still......
except for that horse in the middle that mover its head and the man at bottom-left corner whom we can see-through because of movement.

Fifty trips to move $3 billion from old Royal Trust offices to new Royal Trust Tower 1969 TPL
Fifty trips to move $3 billion from old Royal Trust offices to new Yoyal Trust Tower 1969  TPL.jpg

Back