News   Apr 24, 2024
 948     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 618     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

That's more than I even thought for Brampton - I did not expect the Bramalea (starting at BCC?) Malton service to be running as well. That's (finally) some great news. I hope though that there's some improvement as well to the afternoon inbound buses (there's the 15:30, 18:30 and 21:30 buses weekday evenings from Brampton) - this only mentions weekends.

Guelph goes from every three hours to every two hours, and Georgetown gets hourly service.

Clap, clap.

This makes me a very happy panda.

Hopefully they'll put some more downtown service on weekday afternoons and evenings in the not-too-distance future.

The students in the Milton area will now have an easier way to get to Oakville Sheridan campus than what they have now. If buses/trains don't connect, they they have a long wait.

Next to take the line up to Georgetown.

Some real good moves here.

I'll echo the support for the improved Georgetown corridor service.

I'm also glad that GO has fixed their amazingly stupid habit of having two buses depart from Union at the same time... one to Downtown Brampton express via the 410, and the other local to Georgetown/Guelph via Malton, Bramalea, and Downtown Brampton. Who thought that one up?

I'll echo the support for the improved Georgetown corridor service.

Indeed. The plan they have is better than the one I even expected, which was an hourly Brampton or Georgetown bus from Union via all stops from Malton. I'm sure some people might be screwed up by the new Guelph bus times, this is generally a nice step up for Guelph, but especially Acton and Rockwood. From a service that was for most intents and purposes useless, this becomes a very useful route, and having both branches should address overcrowding.

I'm also glad that GO has fixed their amazingly stupid habit of having two buses depart from Union at the same time... one to Downtown Brampton express via the 410, and the other local to Georgetown/Guelph via Malton, Bramalea, and Downtown Brampton. Who thought that one up?

It made some sense before, but as they added more evening trips due to overcrowding, it got ridiculous. I guess it was the same inertia and dumb planning that made Brampton suffer until this June.

GO's finally doing things right, like the recent Lakeshore improvements, the new work in Hamilton, the 407 service. Now they need to work on their horrible fare structure while concentrating on the rail lines and the 905-to-905 bus trips.

Well done. Awesome work GO. But how the crap am I supposed to get from Guelph to Milton? That remains a GAPING hole in the GTA's transportation network.

I'm all for improved service, but where's the all-day both-way Milton service I've been long aching for? :p

Well done. Awesome work GO. But how the crap am I supposed to get from Guelph to Milton? That remains a GAPING hole in the GTA's transportation network.

That spur that runs from the marshaling yard just west of Campbellville to Guelph could be put into good use. It would allow Milton trains to run on to Guelph. The odds of this happening, however, are another story.

Other dream: upgrade the southern branch of that line via Waterdown. You could potentially get KW-Guelph-Hamilton service.

This is great news! Definitely way overdue.

If the Milton Line's going to be extended, it should go to Cambridge. There are huge numbers of riders there, and it's been talked about for years. Unfortunately, the trains are already so full that it's impossible to add more riders through an extension.

I'm definitely with you on the KW-Guelph-Hamilton service, though they'd really have to upgrade the tracks to make it time competitive.

New GO service from Stoney Creek

Ken Mann
5/9/2008

Perhaps some good news for local commuters.

GO Transit is adding daily bus service between Stoney Creek and Burlington.

The service will amount to 16 daily express trips between the Red Hill Plaza at Barton and Nash, to the heavily-used GO station in Burlington.

It's being called a precursor to further services in the Niagara region, as well as a way to ease the parking demands at the Burlington station.

The new bus service will begin late next month.

2479768352_75fd2b0542.jpg

2478955259_2b020146b4.jpg

I'm not really sure why people would want to take the Milton-Bronte 6:20 or 7:45 to go to Union but the other buses during the times when there are no trains makes complete sense. Too bad there isn't a similar route in place Clarkson - UofT Miss - Erindale - Streetsville - Meadowvale - Lisgar to meet the train off peak at the other stations. I would choose a train to Clarkson then bus to Erindale over the long bus from Union with the drawn out tour of Square One that exists now.

I'm not really sure why people would want to take the Milton-Bronte 6:20 or 7:45 to go to Union but the other buses during the times when there are no trains makes complete sense. Too bad there isn't a similar route in place Clarkson - UofT Miss - Erindale - Streetsville - Meadowvale - Lisgar to meet the train off peak at the other stations. I would choose a train to Clarkson then bus to Erindale over the long bus from Union with the drawn out tour of Square One that exists now.

It would be for people who aren't headed downtown. They might be headed for employment in Oakville, Burlington or Hamilton.

Some of those bus services you talk about do exist - they just have an Orange stripe instead of a green one.

Back