Toronto in.DE Dundas East & Jarvis Condominiums | 65.53m | 21s | Menkes | Turner Fleischer

You have a great view of my balcony the one with the orange chair and basil lol! Sad that the pool won't open I can hear it on super windy days.
Yes, someone I know was staying there for a while, but has now moved somewhere else. Why wasn’t the pool open? It looks ready, and surely it wasn’t due to COVID? The outdoor pool in my condo has been open since early August.

Yes, someone I know was staying there for a while, but has now moved somewhere else. Why wasn’t the pool open? It looks ready, and surely it wasn’t due to COVID? The outdoor pool in my condo has been open since early August.
It had something to do with the building not technically being finished. By the time that it was done they said it was too late in the season + covid. Kinda a cop out imo but not much I can do about it.

You have a great view of my balcony the one with the orange chair and basil lol! Sad that the pool won't open I can hear it on super windy days.
How's the soundproofing at Dundas Square Gardens? I was living just across from you (Grid, 8th floor facing Dundas) and had to move out as I was being woken up by fire trucks and ambulances all night, every night. The city should have minimum standards on soundproofing.

Wrong thread for Dundas Square Gardens talk.

I understand, though it would be difficult to reference the quoted post over in that thread.

To keep it In.DE-related, I'll pose the question, does anyone familiar with In.DE know if any special attention was made to soundproofing? That section of Dundas is likely to be the loudest part of Toronto.

I understand, though it would be difficult to reference the quoted post over in that thread.

To keep it In.DE-related, I'll pose the question, does anyone familiar with In.DE know if any special attention was made to soundproofing? That section of Dundas is likely to be the loudest part of Toronto.

Ya there is a lot going on here. Many sirens because of George street and they are tearing down the grand. Not sure how it with be at In.DE but in DSG if the windows are closed I cant hear anything!

Today

1BBC8F60-34A3-4AAB-BA8B-9CF3A2AE8085.jpeg

1D065601-6810-4FB3-AC7C-2A3DB8FE2BFF.jpeg

ADA0F5C8-8D03-45FE-903B-B87127E7F7B4.jpeg

While the darker black cladding was lacklustre, it was at least inconspicuous. The off-white section is absolutely putrid though. Especially with the shameless spandrel placements, doubling up and even tripling on the panel alignments. :mad:

I think one of the glaring problems is I've noted with a number of renderings of these proposed buildings are depicting themselves in the glow of twilight hour...where the colours reflected back make it look much warmer, appealing and more organic then they end up ever really being. As it's true, when light is reflected of the building's respective window wall at that time of day will mostly convey that. But it's really deceptive, because we know the building once it's completed, doesn't look like that for the most of the daylight hours. Leaving a pallet of greys, devoid of any real warmth and life...

The devs do this because they likely know grey here is cheap. But probably unpopular, unless they can obscure that fact in a rendering without displaying it at night. The warm glow of an after sunset (or before sunrise) time frame gives the building far more welcoming appeal that it's ever justified. Yet, it does the trick. /le sigh

The warm glow of an after sunset (or before sunrise) time frame gives the building far more welcoming appeal that it's ever justified. Yet, it does the trick.
Too bad we can’t force two renders at minimum: noon on a sunny day, and noon on a super cloudy/rainy day. Might force builders to use color in their designs/builds.

Too bad we can’t force two renders at minimum: noon on a sunny day, and noon on a super cloudy/rainy day. Might force builders to use color in their designs/builds.
A couple of MMO's I play allows your character to be viewed in different light settings/times of day before accepting it in the toon creator. I would love to see this feature issued out for these renderings. It will probably never happen though. >.<

*Spoiler Alert*: it wouldn't 'force' anything because if you're hiring TF for anything but AoR (and even then), you just don't care.

Back