Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

1600353627009.png

I hope the station platforms are notional and not to scale - they look ridiculously short.

Indeed, the Spadina & Queen example one is about 95m long going by the Google Maps measurement tool.

That's not terrible is it? If trains are 3.1m wide, you get about 800 people per train (TTC loading standards), and a capacity of 32,000pphpd @ 90 second frequencies. Since passenger flows determine whether 90 second frequencies will be achievable the downtown platforms will need to be quite wide with several exits.

Last edited:
The original planned length of DRL stations is 130m, not 100m (that's Eglinton LRT length).

AoD
Fairly certain they were initially going to use 4 car TRs, with knockout panels for future expansion. Each TR car is about 23m, so effectively only 100m is used.

Fairly certain they were initially going to use 4 car TRs, with knockout panels for future expansion. Each TR car is about 23m, so effectively only 100m is used.

That's quibble - you are building for 130m in that scenario, not 100m maxed out (and of course, the 4 car scenario is specific to an unextended Relief Line South).

AoD

As Munro mentioned - this is kind of meaningless without specifics. It is a necessary step - but not a very informative one.

AoD

Yeah, very disappointing. Did a quick skim, and I can't see any information specific to the Ontario Line. This is just documenting existing conditions in the project area. I would hope they've progressed more than this after some 16 months of work.

As Munro mentioned - this is kind of meaningless without specifics. It is a necessary step - but not a very informative one.

AoD
Yeah, very disappointing. Did a quick skim, and I can't see any information specific to the Ontario Line. This is just documenting existing conditions in the project area. I would hope they've progressed more than this after some 16 months of work.

Okay, so people replying to Munro's tweet point out that this isn't the actual EA. This is just the environmental conditions report. The actual EA with project details should come later this year

Back