Toronto Curio by Hilton Distillery District | 115.1m | 31s | Gupta | Arcadis

The City is holding a Community Consultation meeting on a development proposal for 60 Mill Street, where you can learn more about this application, ask questions and share your comments.

Event Details:

When:
Thursday March 12, 2020, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Where: 80 Cooperage (Lucie & Thornton Blackburn Conference Centre)

Hey folks - my name is Aidan, (spelled with two A's) and as I can see from the comments about me and my husband you already know I'm on the project team for 60 Mill Street.

We literally heard a few moments ago that tonight's City-initiated meeting is cancelled.

I will update this thread as soon as I know when the meeting will be rescheduled.

Please do what you can to reduce transmission, make sure vulnerable people are cared for, and help #flattenthecurve to keep our community safe.

Regards,

Aidan

Event Information: 60 Mill St. Rezoning Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time:Tuesday, August 25, 2020 7:30 pm
Eastern Daylight Time (Toronto, GMT-04:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
City of Toronto
Community Consultation Meeting

60 Mill St. Rezoning, file no. 19 264586 STE 13 OZ

Hopefully they have way more isues than just the height because this proposal is flawed in every way, shape, and form.
The irony here is the original plan had the height way shorter, lol.

The designs by Saucier+Perrotte were so strong. This is just such a letdown.
By a 100,000 miles and a metre. Whatever made them switch to Toronto grey & spamdrel lovin' IBI? /le sigh

So the city has numerous issues with it listed in their refusal report, height, setback, stepbacks, heritage conservation. Meeting was attended mostly by residents of the condos next door. they raised the issue of where taxis will stop, and the Devs said they would be seeking to create a loading zone on Mill St which did not seem to go over well.

Essentially, the OMB/LPAT hasnt yet issued an order bringing their approved proposal into full force and effect, so the devs submitted an application, the city didnt respond in time and they appeal to LPAT. You can bet the city will fight this one, they had just won a settlement......

Unlikely to ever match the level of Saucier+Perrotte, but IBI are capable of designing pleasant looking work such as 411 Church and some other recent projects by CentreCourt. However, what they've drafted up here is just downright uninspiring. A real lack of initiatives from the parties involved here.

Request for Direction report to the next TEYCC meeting on October 15th.

Staff are seeking approval to oppose this at LPAT.

From said report:

The proposal represents over development, does not respond appropriately to its existing and planned context and does not meet the city-wide Tall Building guidelines.

Can we break out the champagne yet?

Nope.

You never know what will come of this: City Council authorize City staff to continue discussions with the applicant on a revised proposal, including a settlement at the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal.

Back