News   Apr 16, 2024
 326     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.5K     6 

Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs are the biggest joke in hockey. Bunch of overpaid idiots can't even win against a 42 year old zamboni driver in net. That game will talked about for decades to come! ?

In some other sports, it would be a forfeit if there aren't any available players to fill in.

If baseball had random stadium employees pitching in relief during extra innings, it would be rather difficult to take seriously.
That's true for baseball since the 1960s.

However, historically, there was Eddie Gaedel who played one game for the St. Louis Browns in 1951. He was 3' 7" tall. During his only at-bat, he was walked and replaced by a pinch-runner. He never played in the field at the Major League level.

In some other sports, it would be a forfeit if there aren't any available players to fill in.

If baseball had random stadium employees pitching in relief during extra innings, it would be rather difficult to take seriously.

But at least position players can pitch. Maybe the NHL should expect that teams suit up another player.

I think it's great story. Ayers had probably the best day of his life - every hockey player's dream.

The NHL hub cities are tentatively Edmonton and Toronto.

Now that the Habs are back in the playoffs I would love to see them win the cup in Toronto.

s-l1600.jpg

From link.

In 1972, Shack became co-owner of the Vaughan Valley Golf Club with three partners: ex-NHLer Dave Creighton; and lawyers Bob Watson and Gerry Ublanski. Shack was actively involved in the day-to-day operations of the course and wasn’t afraid to get his hands dirty. On one occasion, he dug through the trash to find some missing silverware that had been thrown out with the garbage by club employees. He also personally redesigned several of the holes so that more golfers could play in a day.
From link.

What a gutless and honestly a pretty predictable loss to get eliminated by the Leafs without even making the playoffs. Time to see if someone in the front office like Dubas gets axed, and if one of the redundant overpaid young forwards finally get moved.

What a gutless and honestly a pretty predictable loss to get eliminated by the Leafs without even making the playoffs. Time to see if someone in the front office like Dubas gets axed, and if one of the redundant overpaid young forwards finally get moved.

Given how much their "stars" are being paid and how badly the team played I can safely say this will be an offseason of change.

The fans will want blood and I hate to say it but Dubas effed us over. He overpaid for 4 players who are not worth that much money.

As I said on reddit, Scotty Bowman could be coaching the leafs right now but if you have 4 players who don't really care about playing well, a goalie who is well past his prime and the Z team backing up your 4 "stars" it doesn't matter how good the coach is.

Dubas needs to go and they need to trade their stars.

Given how much their "stars" are being paid and how badly the team played I can safely say this will be an offseason of change.

The fans will want blood and I hate to say it but Dubas effed us over. He overpaid for 4 players who are not worth that much money.

As I said on reddit, Scotty Bowman could be coaching the leafs right now but if you have 4 players who don't really care about playing well, a goalie who is well past his prime and the Z team backing up your 4 "stars" it doesn't matter how good the coach is.

Dubas needs to go and they need to trade their stars.
Agreed.

It is time the Leafs have a major sea change and turn over a new leaf (no pun intended).

The Leafs management can take a look at what their much more successful sister franchise, the Toronto Raptors, are doing.

Agreed.

It is time the Leafs have a major sea change and turn a new leaf.

The Leafs management can take a look at what their much more successful sister franchise, the Toronto Raptors, are doing.

Exactly this.

Shortly after they won last year Nick Nurse credited his balanced team with winning the championship. Yes they had Kyle and Kawhi but more to the point they had players who could slot in and keep the momentum going without the need to be told what to do. All of the players knew how to play the game and they all knew to land the shots.

With the Leafs you have 4 players who are very much overpaid and constitute a good chunk of the cap. They are left with so little money they can only afford the players no other teams want (and for good reason). Honestly, the Leafs should do what other good NHL teams do and make a balanced team.

I still say the cap is the worst thing to happen to the NHL however. I miss the days where you could stack the team to the point where nobody would want to play you. If we did not have a cap to worry about we probably would have the 95 Bulls of the NHL.

Back