News   Apr 24, 2024
 359     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 410     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 767     1 

Toronto Bike Share

Got out to an early start today and went for a walk just after dawn in the Beaches area.

Notable observation, more City staff that I've seen in ages both in the parks system and on-street.

Likely over 60. Litter-pickers, lawn-mowers, gardeners, lifeguards, hydro crews, paving crews etc tc.

But I digress, I ran into a Bikeshare Toronto crew re-stocking a bike station.

So I had to inquire about the rollout.

I was told lots more stations to come; but the delays apparently have to do with a shortage of new bikes, deliveries of which were delayed due to Covid.

As more bikes come in, more stations will be rolled out.
Great detective work!

One new station appeared last night, by the looks of it, at about 8pm (just the Tweet).

Oak/Parliament (just south of Gerrard).

Colour me skeptical: https://www.toronto.ca/news/bike-sh...n-south-central-ontario-form-new-partnership/

These people may be looking to soften their brand, but the CAA is car lobby at heart.

Hey CAA, if you really want to help out biking in Toronto please stop lobbying for the preservation of a massive elevated freeway running through the downtown core!

CAA has really tried to push to be a "transportation" association, less than a car association, despite having Automobile in their name. They have a multi-modal app they push with discounts on a lot of things and stuff.

And if you adjust that for population, they overwhelmingly kill us.
They actually have 8430. 7270 regular and 1160 ebikes
BIXI MONTRÉAL IN FIGURES

• Coverage as of April 15, 2020: 610 stations /14,674 docks /142 km2 served /17 boroughs and 3 cities (Westmount, the Town of Mount Royal and Laval)
  • Number of regular bikes: 7,270
  • Number of electric bikes: 160 at the beginning of the season and 1,000 new E-BIXI bikes this summer
  • Number of users: 318,675 in 2019 (+31% compared to 2018)
  • Number of trips made: 5.83 million in 2019 (+8% compared to 2018)
  • Days in operation: 214
  • Average daily trips: 26,864 in 2019 (+10% compared to 2018)
  • 81% growth in trips over the past 5 years
  • Since the launch of BIXI in 2008, BIXISTS have made nearly 44 million trips.

Back