News   Apr 26, 2024
 21     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 131     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 558     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The new staircase being built here will provide access to the Don Valley from Leslie & Eglinton.

IMG_8366.JPG

But yet the planning department and city councillors would tell everyone otherwise. Vision Zero, ActiveTO, Open Streets TO, and Bike Lane Expansions are all doing wonders to make our streets more pedestrian friendly :rolleyes:

But yet the planning department and city councillors would tell everyone otherwise. Vision Zero, ActiveTO, Open Streets TO, and Bike Lane Expansions are all doing wonders to make our streets more pedestrian friendly :rolleyes:

Except when compared with other cities such as Montreal or European Union cities.

I see that all the usual whiners and Toronto bashers are triggered again, this time over a silly staircase that you don't even know anything about.

If you try getting off the internet for a bit and spend some time out in some of the large parks within the region, you might notice that recently-built stairs (at least that I've seen) are a standardized design that is more or less exactly what you're calling for. I doubt this one here will be any different.

1589849642736.png

1589853746523.png

I see that all the usual whiners and Toronto bashers are triggered again, this time over a silly staircase that you don't even know anything about.

If you try getting off the internet for a bit and spend some time out in some of the large parks within the region, you might notice that recently-built stairs (at least that I've seen) are a standardized design that is more or less exactly what you're calling for. I doubt this one here will be any different.

View attachment 246245

View attachment 246247
Fair point. I always like to look at the positive side of transit but sometimes there are these little things that are hard to ignore.

View attachment 246245

View attachment 246247

How are wheelchairs (electric wheelchairs) supposed to use them? Still a barrier.

Sometimes it pays to spend a few minutes on Google to see if there is verifiable fact on something, instead of just making noise.

Here are the City of Toronto's guidelines for bicycle facilities. See item 3.2, Stairways

The link is to draft guidelines from 2008. The City seems to be promoting these on its web site, so I expect planners are generally aware of them. I would expect the wisdom of these somehow finds its way into any tender for new stairways that the City undertakes.

- Paul

Last edited:

Yes, the 100km of 600km of the 2012 bikeway implementation plan that weve done, including adding and then removing the bike lanes on Jarvis.

Back