Toronto Garrison Point | 118.56m | 35s | Cityzen | Hariri Pontarini

Sun Apr 5, 2020

fullsizeoutput_3847.jpeg

DSCN3836.JPG

DSCN3842.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3848.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3849.jpeg

The photos reminded me of the perspective I had developed literally yesterday when walking by them. I think it looks as bad and as cheap as cladding can look.
As bad and as cheap as can be? That’s a harsh perspective. What are you comparing to, relatively? Walk around Fort York, City Place, and Liberty Village, I would say this ranks high, relatively, for style - considering the thousands of other towns out there.

As bad and as cheap as can be? That’s a harsh perspective. What are you comparing to, relatively? Walk around Fort York, City Place, and Liberty Village, I would say this ranks high, relatively, for style - considering the thousands of other towns out there.

Good for liberty village, mediocre for anywhere else. Which is fine. I just wish this nice design was accompanied with better materials.

totally is! if you check his instagram page you’ll find an IGTV video of him + friends climbing the crane at Playground. the east facing units will have this incredible view!
Good call out. I hadnt noticed. Here are a few more. Wow! Epic views.

E829CD13-FB33-4A52-90D6-C9FE9FC231C8.png
BBA273CF-7598-4B85-8FD3-71D866D1EFE3.png
BF498DEF-26C1-49DD-B5EE-A1864E5FEF99.png

This path terminates right before Bathurst. Does anyone know the long term plan and timing? It seems intuitive to just connect it to the other side of Bathurst at City Place by extending underneath the bridge and connecting to the same path way that goes underneath the Spadina and onward to the Rogers Centre.

17796BB4-A078-45EF-93C9-3EC11545A968.jpeg

This path terminates right before Bathurst. Does anyone know the long term plan and timing? It seems intuitive to just connect it to the other side of Bathurst at City Place by extending underneath the bridge and connecting to the same path way that goes underneath the Spadina and onward to the Rogers Centre.

View attachment 242214

It is supposed to link to the path on the east side through Mouth of the Creek parK: https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2013/09/proposed-design-released-mouth-creek-park

I heard from an employee at Fort York that the park that Rail Deck park planning has delayed work on this park as the interface between the two will need to be considered.

View attachment 242214

It would be great to have that path extended under the Bathurst bridge and into City Place. I assume that the empty space East of Bathurst, South of the tracks and North of the public library must be private land. Otherwise, this would be a very easy job to complete, and with minimal landscaping would open up more parkspace to City Place / Fort York. I've never seen anyone discuss that piece of land / pathway on this forum.

1587729116004.png

Back