Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Forget the permits and paperwork and ignore the rumours and speculation - a site isn't really active again until the 'snack trucks' put it back on their daily routes! (They're the key ;)

Foundations as well as drain and site services permits were issued today

View attachment 234420
View attachment 234421
A friend told me the site is officially active again as of today and the halt work order has been removed.

Should start to see lots of action on site again!
Okay, hopefully this will relieve the stress of a few more forumers. So I would guess by Monday they will be able to have all of the workers back on site.
Good news.some one inside co.say they will start soon and work faster than normal.

These appear to be permits for work already completed (without a permit - hence the stop work order). According to the final LPAT order with the zoning (see this post), above grade permits will not be issued until 14 Dundonald is conveyed to the City as parkland. The house on it is still being demolished (unless it finished in the last couple days) and I suspect the property has to be remediated or at least have an RSC filed, and be constructed to base park standards, and conveyed to the City which takes a while in terms of paperwork. Plus to go above grade they need NOAC, Water sign-off, signed and registered 37, etc. unless they get special exemptions from the brand new policies on these matters -- which frankly I doubt given they just constructed an entire underground without permits.

I do not see this site starting up again Monday. I will come in here and own up to it if I am wrong. However I continue to stand by my prediction of April or later.

As of tomorrow it will be a 12 week work stoppage (from Dec. 12, 2019).

Maybe it's time for (busy) planners/inspectors to do a walk about... "holy sh$t this thing is near grade without proper permits". Realize they have lousy views from City Hall. Maybe check out UT updates. Clear to me that Planning is as guilty as the developer in this mess. I realize this is a minor Y/B supertall... applause for building so far.

It's not really all about paperwork. It's about timely conversations/approvals (and 37 $ promises). so fast track a green light here. Otherwise, you be stupid.

Excavation began about 2 years ago. The naysayers piled on. Stop work order was issued just over 2 months ago and the naysayers proclaimed victory. Soon, we'll see construction barrel ahead and the same crowd will search desperately for other rocks to hurl at Mizrahi. 2 years or so from now when people move in, what will they say then?

Excavation began about 2 years ago. The naysayers piled on. Stop work order was issued just over 2 months ago and the naysayers proclaimed victory. Soon, we'll see construction barrel ahead and the same crowd will search desperately for other rocks to hurl at Mizrahi. 2 years or so from now when people move in, what will they say then?
You can bet it will be about how they don't like the colour of the glass or the shape of the mullions. :rolleyes:

The house on it is still being demolished (unless it finished in the last couple days) and I suspect the property has to be remediated or at least have an RSC filed, and be constructed to base park standards, and conveyed to the City which takes a while in terms of paperwork. Plus to go above grade they need NOAC, Water sign-off, signed and registered 37, etc. unless they get special exemptions from the brand new policies on these matters -- which frankly I doubt given they just constructed an entire underground without permits.

This sounds like several months at minimum.

Back