News   Apr 26, 2024
 508     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 379     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 576     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4597 and 4598 have shipped. That makes 5 cars currently en route from Thunder Bay, and only five more to be released.

- Paul
I count four on the way? 4594 is on property since November 29 according to the CTPDB wiki. 4595, 4596, 4597 and 4598 shipped.

Given that we've seen a pic of 4603 in what appears to be pretty far along state, it's looking like they will be pretty close to getting them all here by end of the year. Given where things were a year ago, I think it's safe to say that wouldn't have been a safe bet to take.

I count four on the way? 4594 is on property since November 29 according to the CTPDB wiki. 4595, 4596, 4597 and 4598 shipped.

Given that we've seen a pic of 4603 in what appears to be pretty far along state, it's looking like they will be pretty close to getting them all here by end of the year. Given where things were a year ago, I think it's safe to say that wouldn't have been a safe bet to take.

Thanks for the catch - I had the numbers wrong - 4598 and 4599 were the latest releases.

- Paul

Sounds like, 4598 has arrived in Toronto. I don’t know if any of the other four that have shipped are here also.

- Paul

In other news, 4406 is on its way back from rebuild, arrived at CN’s yard in Maple last night.

- Paul

20191210_105309.jpg

Wow, the structural portion of these trains look flimsy. You wouldn't think it was that light under those panels.

Wow, the structural portion of these trains look flimsy. You wouldn't think it was that light under those panels.

Some of those look like beams or braces used during assembly, rather than the structure itself. But I’m sure it has the necessary strength. The whole point is to engineer maximum strength with minimum weight.

The real issue, as we saw with both CLRV and ALRV: Rust never sleeps.

- Paul

Some of those look like beams or braces used during assembly, rather than the structure itself. But I’m sure it has the necessary strength. The whole point is to engineer maximum strength with minimum weight.

The real issue, as we saw with both CLRV and ALRV: Rust never sleeps.

- Paul

Im not doubting that they are solid. They definitely feel solid. Just surprised at how light they actually look vs the appearance you see when they are on the road.

so now that they are finishing their last new car, how many do they have to redo as part of the recall?

so now that they are finishing their last new car, how many do they have to redo as part of the recall?
I believe 60 more cars to be ship once all the other ones have return. 4400, 4403-4407 were sent to QC that are part of TTC Fleet. 4401 was also ship, but an BBD car and expect to see it in Jan 2020.
May 01, 2019 was the date 4406 was loaded for Quebec. All cars will do the standard burn in upon arrival before going back into service like 4400.

4594 been out test the last 2 days and no idea if 4595 & 96 have been off loaded since last seen in Toronto.
4579 is now tracking and out in the yard

4471 & 78 will return in Q1 from TB once rebuilt due to flood damage.

Back