News   Apr 16, 2024
 75     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

YRT/Viva Construction Thread (Rapidways, Terminals)

SmartCentres Place Bus Terminal opens Sunday, November 3!

VIVA Silver (Jane/Major Mackenzie) was to be in operation in 2018. I'm assuming the delay was in part due to the construction delay at VMC. Does anyone know what the new start time for this service will be?

Last edited:
VIVA Orange (Jane/Major Mackenzie) was to be in operation in 2018. I'm assuming the delay was in part due to the construction delay at VMC. Does anyone know what the new start time for this service will be?
Don’t you mean Viva Silver? I think it’s been delayed to 2024. What sucks is that YRT Route 4 will be shortened to the Vaughan Mackenzie Bus Terminal at Wonderland from Vaughan Mills Bus Terminal rather than extended to SmartCentres Place Bus Terminal at VMC.

Don’t you mean Viva Silver? I think it’s been delayed to 2024. What sucks is that YRT Route 4 will be shortened to the Vaughan Mackenzie Bus Terminal at Wonderland from Vaughan Mills Bus Terminal rather than extended to SmartCentres Place Bus Terminal at VMC.
Oops yes I meant silver. Corrected

Small update with photos taken from Wednesday, October 23, 2019. The first image looks west from the western side of the MUP (Multi-Use Path) at the intersection of Highway 7 & Colossus Drive which has not opened yet. Seems they extended it further west to compensate for the loss of sidewalk on the south side of Highway 7 between Famous avenue and Colossus drive (You can see the lack of a sidewalk on the left side of the picture). The old sidewalk was terrible anyways, lots of memories from my teenage years of dodging traffic using the southbound on-ramp to the 400. The second shows they have installed a banner over the entrances to the MUP and more signage which should solve my earlier criticism of pedestrians mistaking it for a normal highway divider (though, they all look temporary in nature). Not sure why 2 transit lights is necessary for one bus lane though?

Small update with photos taken from Wednesday, October 23, 2019. The first image looks west from the western side of the MUP (Multi-Use Path) at the intersection of Highway 7 & Colossus Drive which has not opened yet. Seems they extended it further west to compensate for the loss of sidewalk on the south side of Highway 7 between Famous avenue and Colossus drive (You can see the lack of a sidewalk on the left side of the picture). The old sidewalk was terrible anyways, lots of memories from my teenage years of dodging traffic using the southbound on-ramp to the 400. The second shows they have installed a banner over the entrances to the MUP and more signage which should solve my earlier criticism of pedestrians mistaking it for a normal highway divider (though, they all look temporary in nature). Not sure why 2 transit lights is necessary for one bus lane though?View attachment 211573

View attachment 211574
All places with transit signals have two lights. It's for redundancy.

Back