Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

Does anyone have a good picture of the park? I looked at the rendering it looks interesting, especially the water feature.
2-388fadee-d49d-4c78-82f3-36a8f1fce308-1200.jpeg

This is all i could find. It does like it's a decent size.

107-05.jpg

The Waterfront Toronto project to rebuild Bonnycastle Street (immediately east of Monde) is now underway. I assume the developer is paying to have the sidewalks around the building created at the same time. I will be a bit surprised that all is finished by the time construction needs to cease due to weather but ....

The tower is exceptional and possibly the most interesting tower in the eastern half of Downtown; the podium doesn't come out as well as the horizontal lines in the precast were not strong enough to be seen from a distance.

As a result, even from a moderate distance, the podium loses all texture and looks like one of those EIF-stucco wedding cakes that were built in the late 90s-00s. I hope that maybe in a decade, enough weathering will give the podium more texture.

Yea, the tower is awesome. It would have been nice to do away with the podium and have the entire facade be like the tower. Would like to see this replicated on another project.

Back