Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

That's now.

From link.

RER_LSW_Peak_EN-850x821.jpg
RER_LSW_Off-Peak_EN-850x821.jpg
Service is planned for 15 minutes on most of the line, however due to the close proximity of Mimico and Park Lawn, Metrolinx has stated that they plan to alternate stops for trains - only every other train will be stopping at each station. Meaning 30 minute off peak frequency.

Urban Plan Summary
  • The combination of the key Master Plan infrastructure deliverables work together to create the opportunity to deliver a high quality public realm plan with an array of uses and unique features that form the heart of the southeast Etobicoke community.
  • The delivery of approximately 42,500 square metres of commercial space across a range of types, shapes, and sizes including a “market” of street related retail, entertainment and eating establishments, and community-serving shops.
  • The delivery of approximately 7,500 new residential units – creating an attractive community at the heart of southeast Etobicoke;
  • The delivery of approximately 42,500 square metres of office space creating a true mixed-use community where site and area residents can live, work, and play; and
  • The delivery of approximately 20,500 square metres of hotel and affiliated commercial space.
Some residents may not need to use their car, the streetcar, the bus, or the GO Train.

Service is planned for 15 minutes on most of the line, however due to the close proximity of Mimico and Park Lawn, Metrolinx has stated that they plan to alternate stops for trains - only every other train will be stopping at each station. Meaning 30 minute off peak frequency.
Once Metrolinx has converted most trains to electric, they'll find that the sky doesn't fall in if the stop and both Park Lawn and Mimico stations. The electric trains can accelerate and decelerate more quickly, so this'll all work out, because, yup, the demand is going to be there if this go through at anywhere near this level of density.

It should be noted there's still 2 parts of the lot that aren't touched. One is opposite side of the rail tracks so likely nothing of community value would go there.

The other one at the Eastern side may actually have enough room for a school. Though it does have close proximity to the Gardiner and it isn't a rectangular part of the lot

So i'd say force em to make a school there (where it's probably one of the best spots anyways) and I approve of this plan. It's very ambitious. They are also trying to tie the strengths and weaknesses of the area together. One thing, too... is they are trying to use rooftop patios wherever they can for restaurants and whatnot. This is really awesome stuff and something that Etobicoke largely hasn't seen before. details of individual buildings don't seem to be here, but I'm sure a few floors of one of those buildings can be dedicated as a community centre.

Last edited:
Yes to everything @DopeyFish just said. I expect that they are being vague at the moment regarding just which community services will be housed within the buildings as they expect the City and Boards of Education will certainly put their orders in. You could even fit two schools in here, on first, second, and/or third floors of podiums, if one faces the green space DopeyFish (not that dopey) mentioned, and another faced the central park. I want to see a full community centre in here too though, and a library wouldn't be the worst addition to the area either.

Anyway…

Our database file is now attached at the top of every page, and the big deal front page story is now up here, with more images you may not have seen yet, including this one:

ChristiesStoreys1280.jpg

Have fun!

From link:

"First Capital bought the site in 2016 (with a more recent purchase of the former Bank of Montreal location at 2194 Lake Shore) and has brought in the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board as a 50% partner."​

So each one of you who work and contribute into the Canada Pension Plan will OWN a piece of the development.

The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board website is at this link.

Our critical purpose is to help provide a foundation upon which Canadians build financial security in retirement.

$400.6BILLION
CPP FUND AT
JUNE 30, 2019

$4.1BILLION
Q1 2020 NET INCOME
AFTER ALL CPPIB COSTS

$235.6BILLION
CUMULATIVE NET INCOME
FOR 10-YEAR PERIOD

10.5 %
10-YEAR ANNUALIZED
RATE OF RETURN
(NET NOMINAL)

10.5 %
FIVE-YEAR ANNUALIZED
RATE OF RETURN
(NET NOMINAL)

1.1 %
Q1 2020
RATE OF RETURN
(NET NOMINAL)

Is there any office or commercial buildings in this project or is it just more condos wow ?

See...
?

Urban Plan Summary
  • The combination of the key Master Plan infrastructure deliverables work together to create the opportunity to deliver a high quality public realm plan with an array of uses and unique features that form the heart of the southeast Etobicoke community.
  • The delivery of approximately 42,500 square metres of commercial space across a range of types, shapes, and sizes including a “market” of street related retail, entertainment and eating establishments, and community-serving shops.
  • The delivery of approximately 7,500 new residential units – creating an attractive community at the heart of southeast Etobicoke;
  • The delivery of approximately 42,500 square metres of office space creating a true mixed-use community where site and area residents can live, work, and play; and
  • The delivery of approximately 20,500 square metres of hotel and affiliated commercial space.
Some residents may not need to use their car, the streetcar, the bus, or the GO Train.

☝ ☝ ☝ ☝

Thanks for the info I know this already. I was just making fun of how many residents they're going to cram in on area . It looks like about 20 to 30 thousand ! It would have nice to see a major mix use office, hotel tower to anchor this area .

i really do wonder if the transit hub, relocating the gardiner on ramp to relief street and also diverting the traffic from queensway heading to gardiner from the southern part of park lawn and lake shore to relief with them tying all the parking lots together so everyone going to the gardiner and queensway can get there by avoiding both lake shore and half of park lawn is enough for the city to ok this.

If it is all one parking structure, does that mean the entire site will be excavated at the same time?

If you had told me that The Well wouldn't even be the largest dig of the next decade, I would have never believed it.

Excuse my language, but my oh my good God, what on the planet???

There is so much to digest, but this is just a whole other level of dense. How are they planning on making this even denser than East Harbour? I thought East Harbour was supposed to be our supposed "2nd CBD", but when you look at things from afar and compare the two, that thought is almost laughable.

There is no way a Park Lawn GO station will be enough to absorb all of the planned and existing density. Not in a million years. The Waterfront West LRT would be needed in conjunction if this is what we're going to be looking at; no if, ands or buts about it.

Back