News   Mar 28, 2024
 911     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 527     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 830     0 

Toronto skyline

well then ... careful what you ask for @3Dementia !

I just looked out the window at sunrise and caught the moon setting right between the two towers at Queen and Yonge. Too bad all I could grab was the phone for a camera, but it still looks cool.

Norm I have to say that your pictures are stunning. But I have such a visceral flinching reaction to legs dangling out of a helicopter at such great heights. I'm not suggesting you stop, I'm just saying with respect ... be safe. Look forward to more.

Re: comments by someMidTowner & TStephens...........
There appears to be some difference of opinion over the meaning of "time lapse" photography.
1- Time lapse usually refers to motion pictures in which the shutter is released intermittently with a time delay between each exposure.
The time delay can vary from seconds to minutes or longer.
When the motion picture film (or video) is viewed at normal speed, time will appear to be speeded-up........e,g, a flower will grow & blossom in seconds rather than days.
2- A photo taken with the shutter left open for a long interval is known as a "time exposure."
Time exposures of traffic at night for example, will show light streaks as cars move within the image during the single, long exposure..
A time exposure is usually displayed as a single still image.

Last edited:
that's definitely a time lapse photo, i take them all the time. Look at the movement depicted in the head lights and tail lights of the cars, that image was not captured in single moment.
Long exposure and timelapse are two different things. I'm not saying that the image was taken with a quick exposure, just correcting people on the common mistake that long exposures are called time lapse

In my pedantic view ushahid, your example of a "timelapse" is actually a multiple-time-exposure with all 500 exposures expressed in a single image.

Back