Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

That parking garage is one of the more expensive in the city - even their weekend rates are $$$. I wouldn't be surprised if it's rare parking garage that is actually very profitable.

It's $26 a day right now with monthly at $355. That's a lot of cash.

They actually did remove part of the garage years ago for the Bay Street Promenade. The spiral parking ramps were removed to make way for the Canadian Tire, Best Buy and Joeys.

I think it is more of a large ticket item thing that they include parking. Spend alot of money, buy alot of useless crap and then drive off with it.

They may also be making a fortune off parking by locals too.
The Dundas Parkade was replaced, sandwiched between the Canadian Tire and the Ted Rogers School of Getting Your Name Everywhere on the intermediate floors.

I did plenty of carryouts to that garage during my days at Ryerson and working at that Canadian Tire - showing that demand for parking exists and it's definitely an asset to retailers in the mall. Though I also did a fair amount of carryouts to the bus stop at the corner of Bay and Dundas, where customers needed some assistance loading heavy items onto the bus ?

I did plenty of carryouts to that garage during my days at Ryerson and working at that Canadian Tire - showing that demand for parking exists and it's definitely an asset to retailers in the mall. Though I also did a fair amount of carryouts to the bus stop at the corner of Bay and Dundas, where customers needed some assistance loading heavy items onto the bus ?

From merchandiser's muscle to mastermind of merchandising!

Today.
1CC429D9-4755-41F0-8BFB-CABA548BE4C8.jpeg
BF1AFF4C-BC48-4B3E-A62B-BE1768D1F7BC.jpeg
E6CCE264-536A-43D7-9EFB-36FE71D4AAD4.jpeg
0EFDE294-0635-43D3-95BF-5F0F48438BBA.jpeg
AE1F96A4-056F-4C44-ACC9-CA1B4E0F3A09.jpeg
76AF37BA-9631-4600-8E97-55C8A3EE3D53.jpeg

Really nice. I wish they'd use that black glass on the atrium.

1cc429d9-4755-41f0-8bfb-caba548be4c8-jpeg.197316

On that note, it really sucks that they keep covering the atrium windows with an ad tarp. That looks temporary and blocks sunlight from getting in. I really do miss the old open atrium. I can't imagine H&M ever leaving this corner but I would have preferred a large, light filled arrival as the mall entrance at Yonge & Dundas.

Really nice. I wish they'd use that black glass on the atrium.

1cc429d9-4755-41f0-8bfb-caba548be4c8-jpeg.197316

On that note, it really sucks that they keep covering the atrium windows with an ad tarp. That looks temporary and blocks sunlight from getting in. I really do miss the old open atrium. I can't imagine H&M ever leaving this corner but I would have preferred a large, light filled arrival as the mall entrance at Yonge & Dundas.

Everyone mark the date, @MetroMan came out against advertising in the public realm! :p

The Uniqlo frontage is pretty miserable; such a waste of prime, visual real-estate. It's crying out for an LED display.
You forgot the rest of the sentence:

"…that would be completely counter to their minimalist brand."

While UniQlo does have a few locations with LEDs out front, they are promotional and not about selling even more ad space on an ungodly eyesore intersection of consumerist propaganda. ;)

Back