News   Mar 28, 2024
 408     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 372     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 723     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Kim Campbell is consistently ranked the worst.
Trudeau is in the top 10, above Harper.
Was Campbell worse than Tupper or Meighan? I think you need maybe 2 years before you even qualify to be ranked.

I agree that on the list of worst PM's, Trudeau is well above Harper.

Was Campbell worse than Tupper or Meighan? I think you need maybe 2 years before you even qualify to be ranked.

Tupper and Meighan are 17 and 18 on the list. Where 1 is the best PM (William Lyon Mackenzie King) and 23 is the worst (Campbell).

Trudeau has stuck to his guns, saying he was seeking to prevent potential job losses at SNC-Lavalin that could arise out of a costly trial. “I won’t apologize for being there to defend Canadian jobs. It’s my job as prime minister to defend those jobs,” he repeated on Thursday

No Justin, outside of ensuring Canada is represented fairly in global trade agrements, it's my job to defend my own job. It's your job to manage the country by embracing, defending and living its rules, ethics and especially keeping politics out of the justice system. Leave me to defend and justify my job, and if my employer commits a crime don't use me as a scapegoat for not throwing my employer in jail.

Last edited:

Harper would have been the best Canadian of recent memory to represent Canada during Trump's presidency. When Trudeau arrived everyone was tambourine-happy with Obama and we wanted our own leftist canard. But had the elections been reversed, with Trump's ascendance happening before the Canadian election, I think Harper would have won. Granted Mulroney would have done okay against Trump. I'm not sure about Chrétien.

I voted for Trudeau last time, and Harper every time before that. I liked Harper's stance on crime and the economy, and his ability to keep his caucus in line (Chrystia Freeland's attacks in Saudi Arabia and antagonizing China are too much) but after a decade of Harper dryness, I too wanted sunny ways..... d'oh

Last edited:
Harper would have been the best Canadian of recent memory to represent Canada during Trump's presidency. When Trudeau arrived everyone was tambourine-happy with Obama and we wanted our own leftist canard. But had the elections been reversed, with Trump's ascendance happening before the Canadian election, I think Harper would have won. Granted Mulroney would have done okay against Harper. I'm not sure about Chrétien.

I voted for Trudeau last time, and Harper every time before that. I liked Harper's stance on crime and the economy, and his ability to keep his caucus in line (Chrystia Freeland's attacks in Saudi Arabia and antagonizing China are too much) but after a decade of Harper dryness, I too wanted sunny ways..... d'oh
Sorry Beez :) :( - but I have to put you into 1 of 3 categories. Gullible, Naive, or Ignorant.
If you hadn't seen the light now that the evidence is overwhelming, I would have much harsher words to describe you.

This is the Kardashian generation, and many people think all that matters is flash. I think these same people thought Tie Domi and Eddie Shack were better hockey player than Mats Sundin or Dave Keon.

here's my list of PMs. Harper is indeed the best in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Kim Campbell is consistently ranked the worst.
Trudeau is in the top 10, above Harper.

Kim Campbell gets such a bad rap. And it’s patently unfair. I think she would have been a fantastic PM if she actually got to serve longer. Unfortunately, she got to captain the sinking ship. Not to mention that sexism was probably more prevalent in those days. This was the same era when Hilary Clinton had to apologize for saying that she wouldn’t just stay home and bake cookies.

As for Trudeau being the worst..... The incumbent is always ranked the worst when they are in office. Once out, and they can be placed in the context of history, they start to look a lot better. A decade from now, having successfully navigated dealing with a USA in turmoil and spilling over its instability (white supremacy, refugee crisis, etc.), is going to count for a lot. Just like the credit Harper got for getting Canada through the GFC in 2008.

here's my list of PMs. Harper is indeed the best in my lifetime.

View attachment 199338

Your list is hilarious. Stephen Harper above PMs who led Canada through WWII and the Cold War? As far as Conservative PMs go, I’d even rate Mulroney higher than Harper. And definitely rate Borden above Harper.

As far as Liberals, you’re going to rate Martin over Trudeau Sr.? He’s the Liberal equivalent of Kim Campbell.

And Pearson four spots below Harper? The PM who literally gave Canada so much of its modern identity? The flag, peacekeeping, race blind immigration, universal healthcare, Order of Canada, CPP and Canada Student Loans. All on his watch with two minority governments. Anybody who rates Mike Pearson 8 of 16 is ignorant of history or blind to their partisanship.

Is this just an attempt to quantify your dislike of the Trudeau dynasty? Are we going to ignore the fact that Trudeau Sr. repatriated the constitution? Are you ignorant of that bit of history too?

Last edited:

Back