News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 295     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 830     0 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

We had received a letter from the developer with a confirmed-revised-final move in date of Feb 20. On Feb 14, we were informed by our lawyer that the move in had changed to March 6 (due to the flooding). That was the easy part...trying to book time on the elevator for the move in was impossible..eventually had to get the lawyer involved. Anyway, Esmeralda can arrange accommodation paid for by the builder....this was also a bit of a challenge. Good luck.

Thanks so much to everyone for the provided information and the good intentions to help.
I called Esmeralda and they will do take care of the extra month cost of rent, at least it is a relief to confirm they do take some responsibility and good to know I wont need to sleep on the street..:) She says there should not be more delays, but I'm still wary.

There were several choices re upgraded counters, we chose upgrade 1(1448 bucks I think), which meant darker granite,no-one mentioned bullnoses(nor any other animal parts..)..having looked at the counters in MOT's kitchen, I actually prefer the flat slimline look.

Back from vacation and it has been interesting to read what is going on.
Have a few tidbits to add and a few questions of my own .. fastening seatbelts!!??

- we upgraded our counter tops in the kitchens and bathrooms but do not have the costs available atm. we were told they would be the thickness of the show suite (aprx 1") we decided we wanted thicker and upgraded the bullnose to only the kitchen counters.
- we also got the kitchen cabnets that were in the show suite .. and upgraded the bathrooms to match. we wanted solid wood but were not happy with the colour. we will sand and restain once we move in.
- were not happy with any of the floor offerings so we just chose willy nilly with expectations of changing them just before moving in. costs of flooring offered were in some cases tripple the amount we found elsewhere. found out that we cannot change a thing until we fully own the unit ... sigh.
- we did not upgrade any of the bathroom / kitchen fixtures as you can get much better quality much cheaper and that includes cabinet pulls.
- we did upgrade our appliances and found appliance canada to have good rates. can i just say how much i am in love with my future fridge?? i just hope they remembered to put plumbing in for it.

Now .. questions.
- has anyone moved into a brownstone??
- anyone have a move in date past April 18th?
- anyone willing to barter for their parking spot .. we have much to offer!

looking for a good lawyer!

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer? We are looking for a reasonably priced lawyer who has experience dealing with Willowfield homes and all of their "issues." Have read some of you have had better experiences than others.
Thanks!

Have a few tidbits to add and a few questions of my own .. fastening seatbelts!!??

- we upgraded our counter tops in the kitchens and bathrooms but do not have the costs available atm. we were told they would be the thickness of the show suite (aprx 1") we decided we wanted thicker and upgraded the bullnose to only the kitchen counters.
- we also got the kitchen cabnets that were in the show suite .. and upgraded the bathrooms to match. we wanted solid wood but were not happy with the colour. we will sand and restain once we move in.
- were not happy with any of the floor offerings so we just chose willy nilly with expectations of changing them just before moving in. costs of flooring offered were in some cases tripple the amount we found elsewhere. found out that we cannot change a thing until we fully own the unit ... sigh.
- we did not upgrade any of the bathroom / kitchen fixtures as you can get much better quality much cheaper and that includes cabinet pulls.
- we did upgrade our appliances and found appliance canada to have good rates. can i just say how much i am in love with my future fridge?? i just hope they remembered to put plumbing in for it.

Now .. questions.

April 18 is the date they gave me as a final moving date

Today we are replacing the fan in the master bath, the one they put in is about as subtle sounding as a 747 taking off.

We completed our 30 day list and faxed it in, I understand ours isn't as long as others.

It's really annoying that they have not put in the buzz codes yet, I don't know what they are waiting for? I asked about it again today.

The elevators working is hit or miss, Schindler is here now trying to fix them again.

Now .. questions.

What are you offering in regards to the parking spot? Mine is in P2 (second level underground) right in front of the elevator.

towns

hi all,

any updates on the towns? last time i was by the site, they still hadn't started digging yet, but have not been delayed past june yet...

March 10, 2008

star-1.jpg

As for the townies,

We just got a push back letter from the builder saying September is the new bench mark. We'll see?? The site is still a sales centre/parking lot and storage grounds. The condo is coming to together quite nicely, minus some hiccups.

I haven't been by there in a few months. Is the exterior still incomplete? That's how it appears in that photo

March 15th Update

Seriously, people are living in this?

PICT1344.jpg

PICT1346.jpg

Back