Mississauga Parkside Village Residences | 135.93m | 45s | Amacon | Richmond Architects

It would be nice if one of the towers facing the park (preferably the tallest) was put through a design contest. I really hope these towers aren't going to all have the same cladding with similar colours.

Just got an email from Parkside Village

Witnessing the birth of a community is a rare privilege. But to be a part of history is something truly unique.

Well said, I agree.

With the introduction of Parkside Village, Amacon is about to make history.

Ummmmm.....

Over the past 10 years Mississauga has come alive with a spirit of energy and passion. The city centre is bustling with a vibrant array of options. From the shops at Square One and the cultural offerings at the Living Arts Centre, to the infinite choices of entertainment, Mississauga now pulses with the life of a city rich in arts and culture, architecture and people.

A little verbose, but I'll accept that. Mississauga has grown up in the last decade.

And while Mississauga has seen great change over the last decade, the heart of a true world-class city lies within.

What exactly is a world-class city. Whatever it is, I don't even think Toronto is quite there yet so lets chalk this one up to Marketerspeak.

We’re now ready to shatter and redefine any preconceived notions about community and urban planning. Parkside Village will become Mississauga’s first true urban village.

First of all, what is a 'true urban village,' and more importantly, how will this 'redefine' our errant, 'preconceived' notions of urban planning. What is this Robert Moses for the 21st Century?

Parkside Village will change the way you live, work and play – it’s a whole new way of living in Mississauga’s city centre. It’s also an innovative new model for development that’s been creating tremendous buzz and excitement among the public and the development industry.

"Change the way you live, work and play" is acceptable because in the end, this is a marketing brochure. I would however, be interested to know about their 'innovative new model for development' and how it differs from the Townhouse/Podium/Point Tower designs of renders past, including the one affixed to this article!.

It’s set to reshape the idea of downtown living with a living experience unlike anything Mississauga has ever seen.

Ohh, now ol' Lilliana is really getting into her stride!

With its striking architecture, The Residences of Parkside Village is certain to gain status in the city’s skyline.

FOR THE LAST TIME, HEIGHT AND ARCHITECTURE ARE NOT SYNONYMS!

The Residences of Parkside Village is a high-rise community unlike any other. It’s a vertical village that will redefine urban living, redefine Mississauga’s skyline and redefine the condominium lifestyle.

ITS A BUNCH OF FREAKIN' POINT TOWERS LILLIANA, POINT TOWERS! Its nice and hip to use buzz words like 'vertical village' as long as you can justify your many 'redefinitions.' All of which, by the way, came without supporting evidence. Bold claims may sell units, but without buttressing your arguments fall faster than the first Beauvais. Never heard of it? Sorry, you must have been to busy 'redefining' something else.

the amacon marketing stuff is no different than 100's of others we have seen across the GTA....projectend, kudos for taking the time to dissect it in such detail, but, why would you bother? It's just sales fluff...

"Vertical gated community" is more realistic

Junctionist, why would you say that? There are no gates planned here...

Good luck to amacon, but their timing may be a bit off (late)...

Wow, some people really have a stick up their ass. People don't know any details of this project and yet people are already bitching about it.

Junctionist, show us the siteplan that proves that this will be a gated community or STFU.

Wow, some people really have a stick up their ass. People don't know any details of this project and yet people are already bitching about it.

Junctionist, show us the siteplan that proves that this will be a gated community or STFU.

He said 'Vertical gated community' which is true about every condominium highrise no matter where it is built. If you don't live in the building, you have no reason to be there. (Doors are usually locked to non-residents)

So block 8 is phase one... its the block outlined in red below:

2qu4waq.jpg

Looks like 2 36's and a 45. Not bad for phase 1!

Even the townhouse complexes you see all over the GTA are never gated, even if the the roads are private. And a single high-rise building is not a community, let alone a gated one.

I remember reading somewhere the tallest one will be 45s. But I guess we'll see, eh?

He said 'Vertical gated community' which is true about every condominium highrise no matter where it is built. If you don't live in the building, you have no reason to be there. (Doors are usually locked to non-residents)

That's what I meant, sorry if that offended anyone. New condo buildings do seem like communities, with all the amenities and all the different people living in one place. I happen to see that as a non-traditional community. The gates aren't literal, they're the security and the private nature of the building. They're no village.

there's a partial rendering in the new Condo Guide out today (March 17-31)...looks like about a 7 storey podium/building, between two larger high-rises, interesting look to it, it reminds me of something from downtown TO King St. E maybe,,not bad, really...hopefully someone will come up with an actual rendering...

there's a partial rendering in the new Condo Guide out today (March 17-31)...looks like about a 7 storey podium/building, between two larger high-rises, interesting look to it, it reminds me of something from downtown TO King St. E maybe,,not bad, really...hopefully someone will come up with an actual rendering...

A1_1356.jpg

Buzz builds over GTA’s first-ever urban village -?Real estate media, insiders and buyers all eagerly anticipate launch of Parkside Village

With widespread media coverage, overwhelming purchaser pre-registrations and the reaction of Mississauga planners and politicians to their innovative new model for community development, Amacon’s Parkside Village – a master-planned, large-scale, mixed-use residential community in downtown Mississauga – is creating tremendous buzz and excitement across the GTA.

“Both industry insiders and consumers are recognizing that Parkside Village is something new and something very different, not just for the Mississauga city centre, but for the Greater Toronto Area as a whole,†says Amacon’s Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Lilliana L. Di Franco.

“People are curious about our new approach to residential urban living and excited about our plans to develop the city’s first urban village. From the real estate media to real estate brokers, those ‘in the know’ are realizing that Parkside Village will redefine preconceptions about urban living; redefine preexisting attitudes towards neighbourhoods; redefine established notions about condominium lifestyle; and redefine whatever people thought they knew about the Mississauga city centre,†adds Di Franco.

Amacon’s ability to redefine the residential experience with Parkside Village will be due in part to the site’s size (nearly 30 acres), density (approximately 5,300 units, and 12,000 people in an 11-block area), signature downtown Mississauga location (at Confederation and Burnhamthorpe, adjacent to the Mississauga City Centre), the development team’s Vancouver-roots, and Amacon’s revolutionary new approach to urban planning.

This new approach to urban planning was embraced by the City of Mississauga’s planners and politicians, who recognized that Amacon’s vision for an urban village in the heart of the downtown core could set the standard for all future urban developments.

Amacon believes that its new approach and the pursuit of a true urban village must, first and foremost, begin with a commitment to being pedestrian friendly.

Despite Mississauga’s predominant car-friendly culture, Amacon insisted that under this new paradigm, Parkside Village must utilize clever street designs and patterns, thoughtful architectural detailing, sensitive scale, and purposeful materials to encourage an animated, pedestrian-friendly street-level experience.

The village’s focus on the pedestrian experience will also be enhanced by the developer’s careful approach to the architecture at grade, the size of the building’s floorplates, the mix of retail on the street, and a host of other careful choices which, according to Di Franco, are being done to “ensure that Parkside Village isn’t just a place to live, but a place with life.â€

It’s been suggested that Parkside Village and Amacon’s desire to create an urban village is a major shift for the city and its approach to development, believing that it will herald a new era for Mississauga’s downtown. However, given the overwhelming response from interested purchasers and the support shown by city staff and politicians, Di Franco and her team at Amacon believe that “that new era has already dawned.â€

To be part of this new era and to learn more about Mississauga’s first true urban village, visit
www.lifeatparkside.com to register, or call 905-273-9333.

Here's the photo in the Condo Guide...(I don't own a scanner unfortunately, so I just took a photo, sorry for the low quality)...

Don't know if the building pictured is even part of Phase 1, but here it is anyway..

amaconflash002a.jpg

Here's the photo in the Condo Guide...(I don't own a scanner unfortunately, so I just took a photo, sorry for the low quality)...

Don't know if the building pictured is even part of Phase 1, but here it is anyway..

amaconflash002a.jpg

HOLY SHIT! Thats amazing. Im guessing thats the view from Confederation.

Its definitely phase one as no other block has the same tower arrangement. There should be another tower the same height as the one on the right, directly behind the building on the left, which would be the first one under construction. Its going to be across the street from the Amica building.

Back