News   May 03, 2024
 758     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 490     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 246     0 

2019 Canadian Federal Election

I agree it’s a problem. Is it the end of the world? No. It’s a cut. Can schools figure it out. Yes. Absolutely I agree that it will cause problems for classes like Science and CS where bench or computers are needed. This means that schools will drop small classes below 20 students and there will be larger classes for English/History, etc above 30 to make it work.

Except for the fact most class rooms in Ontario High Schools cannot physically accommodate much more than 30, which is also their fire code limit in many cases.

And

They actually don't own enough desks.

TDSB is so short on money that they are still using 50-year old desks that were old when I was a student......a while ago.................where the desktop is physically attached to the chair.

If they cant' replace that crap, where are they getting the $$$ to order tens of thousands of news desks, or remodel schools to create larger classrooms?

Not a surprise really..........Philpott actively considering running as a Dipper, a Green or going Indy.

With the CPC lean of her riding, that might not work out.

I don't have any polling data for that riding......but my instinct is her name will carry her pretty far.........I get the sense she'd be better off in green than orange...........but that's only a guess.

It's becoming almost cultlike how influential the anti-Fords think they are at deciding the federal election. To dyed-in-the-wool true blue fiscal conservatives, Ford's doing absolutely nothing unexpected or "extreme". Austerity, attrition, finding efficiencies are all common tropes of a modern PC government and what one would come to expect after a mounting $346 billion debt shortfall that could take 100 years to erase if left unchecked.

People are acting as though attempting to change the status quo in any shape or form is fundamentally wrong. It is not necessarily. I'd await the budget before casting too much judgement on that.

As for Ford hurting Scheer's chances? How? If anything, Ontario is setting up the blueprint of ideas the Federal Cons can model. Outside of the cities of Toronto and Ottawa proper, the Conservatives are polling at a healthy margin above their competitors. 35 seats out of 124 out of 338, won't decide the election. The media would love for Scheer to shun Ford, but methinks he'll be the marquee special guest at this summer's FordFest.

Seems my earlier prediction is proving to becoming a reality in the tea leaves:

Federal Conservatives are adopting more of Doug Ford’s techniques every day

Any combination of AB+SK+MB+ON+NB sprinkled in with some Interior BC and Greater Quebec City ridings and guess what...

Not a surprise really..........Philpott actively considering running as a Dipper, a Green or going Indy.

The NDP and Greens did terribly in York region last election. I think her best bet would be running as an Independent.

Lessons learned: Don't split the right-wing vote. Hopefully Bernier is a flash in the pan and at worst the PPP becomes a party of just one seat.

So, the UCP won big as expected. Trudeau now has Kenney and Ford on his case.
Yep, with wins in Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick and now Alberta, it would seem there’s a Conservative party resurgence across Canada. Was JWR a Con plant? She’s kneecapped the Federal Libs just as this Blue storm approaches.

When you look at the history, with the exception of Nfld and NS, provincial Liberals across the nation have lost every single election since Trudeau’s win in 2015. The April 23rd PEI election will be a test of MacLauchlan’s Liberal government.

Last edited:
Yep, with wins in Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick and now Alberta, it would seem there’s a Conservative party resurgence across Canada. Was JWR a Con plant? She’s kneecapped the Federal Libs just as this Blue storm approaches.

When you look at the history, with the exception of Nfld and NS, provincial Liberals across the nation have lost every single election since Trudeau’s win in 2015. The April 23rd PEI election will be a test of MacLauchlan’s Liberal government.

I kind of like the Greens in PEI.

Lessons learned: Don't split the right-wing vote. Hopefully Bernier is a flash in the pan and at worst the PPP becomes a party of just one seat.

Scheer isn't a very charismatic guy, so it is possible that if he does poorly in debates, some CPC supporters would go to the PPC.

Once the UCP was formed the NDP never had a chance.
Kenney had an amazing run.
In 2016, he left the CPC and laid out the timeline to become Premier. He ran for PC, the campaigned to merge Wildrose and PC, then ran for leader of UPC, and still gave himself over a year as leader of UPC to show the party was truly united.
Amazing leadership.
They did better than the sole Liberal member. I liked Notley, she stood up to BC and the Feds. If Scheer wins we can expect Alberta to get its pipelines PDQ.
For the first half of her term, Notley was very friendly with Trudeau. It took until then for her to realize that Trudeau had been lying the whole time about pipelines and social license.

Back